cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reference to Motor Control Middleware and Application

Texram
Associate III

Hi,

I'm using Motor Control Workbench 6.3.0 to create an application project (STM32G431 with IHM16M1 motor drive).

Motor Control Workbench 6.3.0 creates a folder, Src, which has a lot of motor control related .c files. 

Here are my questions:

are there any reference documents for these .c files (mc_api.c, mc_task.c, mc_tasks_foc.c, etc.)?

What's the control flow, execution sequence, and/or call tree for the motor control project created by Motor Control Workbench?

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Gael A
ST Employee

Hello Texram,

For those kind of questions, we recommend to have a look at the User Manual that can be found via WorkBench :
Click on About -> Documentations -> Documentation -> in the newly open browser window, you will have access to all the generated files and their associated documentation, as well as the User Manual that explains the Motor Control theory and its implementation.

If you have then more precise questions concerning our solution, we will gladly help you on that here.

If you agree with my answer, please consider accepting it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.

Hope this will help,
Gaël A.

Hello Gaël,

Thank you for the info.

I looked around these documents as you referred. But I still couldn't find the info that I'm looking for:

Control Flow, Software execution sequence.

For instance, STM AN5406 (application Note for Wireless Middleware) has these diagrams below, which help the user (of middleware) to understand the design of the middleware and the sequence of the code execution.

But I didn't find this kind of info for the motor control middleware so far.

Texram_0-1718401390727.pngTexram_1-1718401428521.png

Hello Texram,

Unfortunately, we do not have those architectural kind of documents. I can only advise you to dive into the code, sorry. In any case, thank you for your feedback, and we deeply apologize for the lack of documentation.

If you agree with my answer, please consider accepting it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.

Hope this will help,
Gaël A.