cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with the X-NUCLEO-IHM07M1

UNBEEKANNT
Associate II

Hello everybody,

I have a Problem with the X-NUCLEO-IHM07M1 power board . I am using it with the Nucleo-F401RE.

My setup :

Software: Cube IDE + ST Motor control workbench 5.4.8 (I have also tried it with V. 6.2.0)

Motor: Maxon EC i 30 , Art. No 539477 (24V , 2 pole pairs, Hall Sensors)

With the power board X-NUCLEO-IHM08M1 it works . Same setup and software. 

For me it is a little bit confusing because X-NUCLEO-IHM08M1 power board is for bigger motors than the Maxon Motor and in my opinion it should work better with the X-NUCLEO-IHM07M1.

If anyone has any ideas about this problem or needs further informations, please let me know.

Here is a screenshot from the motor data sheet.

Screenshot 2024-04-17 174010.png

Parameters workbench:

Parameters maxon.png

7 REPLIES 7
GMA
ST Employee

Hello @UNBEEKANNT,

What kind of issue are you facing with X-NUCLEO-IHM07M1?
You mentioned "Same setup and software"; as IHM07 and IHM08 are differents, you should re-generate a project for each power board.

If you agree with the answer, please accept it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.
Best regards.
GMA

Hello @GMA ,

I meant with same software , the same programs(Workbench, motor profiler, cube ide) and same versions of them.

I have two different projects. One for each power board. When using the IHM08 power board, I observed short peaks in the input current, reaching up to 3.5 A(You can see it in the picture below). I have also a voltage drop at the DIA/EN Input of the IC L6230PD, which is used for the board IHM07. 

But this signal is never used in the code for the board.

Voltage drop of the DIA/EN Signal measured at PIN CN10/13

UNBEEKANNT_3-1713870248659.jpeg

Input current for the motor. 100mV = 1 A(Board IHM 07)

UNBEEKANNT_1-1713870066411.jpeg

Input current for the motor. 100mV = 1 A(Board IHM 08)

UNBEEKANNT_2-1713870129417.jpeg

I have tried it with and without Hall Sensors,different PWM Frequency ( 5000-25kHz), but nothing works.

If you have any ideas or you need further informations, please let me know.

Thank you for your help.

best regards 

UNBEEKANNT 🙂

Hello @UNBEEKANNT,

My question about "issue" was more, with IHM07, do you have a reported error? Does the motor spins?

If you agree with the answer, please accept it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.
Best regards.
GMA

I got no reported error and the motor does not spin. The motor just makes half of n cycle and stops there. 

I got no error and nothing happens after this short movement.

Hello @GMA ,

n addition, I have noticed that the STM workbench shows me a speed on its monitor, but the motor does not move. I had the same problem with the Motor Profiler.

After checking several times, everything is wired correctly. The jumpers are also set correctly.

I also noticed that there is an error when generating code because I am not using Oracle Java8. Could this be related? However, it must also be said that I get this error every time and the motor still turns with the power board "ihm 08, so I thought it could be a software bug.

Greetings 

UNBEEKANNT

Hello @UNBEEKANNT,

I am able to have such behavior if U and W phases are inverted, did you check Motor phases and Hall sensor connections with IHM07?
Did you try the 5.4.8 motor profiler (with F401+IHM07) to check if motor spins in this case?

Best regards.
GMA

Hello @GMA ,

I have checked the wiring several times and I also tried it with the power board IHM 08 and with this board the motor spins(same wiring). So I think the wiring is correct. 

I have also used the motor profiler and the motor does not spin . 

Could the L6230PD be the problem, because the peak of the output current is too high.

Maybe I just need another Motor, which is a little bit smaller.

Greetings

UNBEEKANNT