cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My STEVAL HKI001V2 is not able to communicate with SDK 5.Y.1 and SDK 5.Y.2 It can communicate with SDK 5,4,6 , What is a reason I am also not able to find the STEVAL HKI001V2board set on the Motor profiler list of boards Is this board set supported?

LRowi.1
Associate II

13 REPLIES 13
cedric H
ST Employee

Hello @LRowi.1​ ,

Sorry for the delay,

The usage of the STEVAL HKI001V2 is a bit complex and the workbench propose more an example than a complete configuration .

Thanks to your post I realized that the example is not present in the 5.Y.2 version.

If you use the 5.4.7 version you will see in the example list in the starting window an example called "STEVAL-HKI001V2 project with STGAP1AS".

You have to start from this point. This example workaround a limitation of the workbench regarding the usage of the Timer Bkin pin.

So despite the fact that the workbench claims that OCP is not configured, your board is protected by the STGAP, and the STGAP error is connected to the BKIN timer input.

Looking at the STGAP, the minimum current detection you can achieve will be 50 Amp. This is due to the ICS gain and the mimium threshold of 100mV at Vsense.

The ICS gain is something you can not changed, excepting if you change the board.

So to reduce your motor current, there is no other parameters than reducing your motor nominal current in the motor configuration window.

I invite you also to have a look at the STGAP configuration that is in power_stage_parameters.h . All the safety protections are provided by the STGAPS.

Last point, when you start from the example, It is very important you click on UPDATE button, otherwise the example will not be functional.

Regards

Cedric

Hello

Thank you very much, for the time being.

Best Regards

LRowi.1
Associate II

Hello again.

Thank you very much for the explanation. Following your advice I try to go through the example using the Keil MDA IDE software. However please clarify how the the Steval set can be configured for 400 A motor while it is provided with the ACEPACK™ 2 bridge with 35 A capacity. I can also see no difference in example project configuration while compared to configuration available as the new project loaded from the Workbench (except for motor data)

Best regards

cedric H
ST Employee

Hello @LRowi.1​,

From https://www.st.com/en/evaluation-tools/steval-hki001v2.html, this board supports up to 35 A. Where did you see that it can be configured for a 400 A motor ?

The difference in the example project is around the configuration of the BKIN pin.

Regards

Cedric