cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My STEVAL HKI001V2 is not able to communicate with SDK 5.Y.1 and SDK 5.Y.2 It can communicate with SDK 5,4,6 , What is a reason I am also not able to find the STEVAL HKI001V2board set on the Motor profiler list of boards Is this board set supported?

LRowi.1
Associate II

13 REPLIES 13
cedric H
ST Employee

Hello

With the introduction of the SDK 5.Y, a new Motor protocol much more powerful has been developed.

Could you confirm that with the release 5.Y you try to connect with the new motor Pilot tool provided, and that the UART is configured at the right baudrate ?

The new protocol is not compatible with the previous version, so the 5.Y firmware can not be controlled with the monitor embedded in the 5.4.6 Motor control workbench. (And the 5.4.6 firmware can not be controlled by the new motor Pilot)

Regards

Cedric

LRowi.1
Associate II

Dear Cedric,

Thank you very much for your support. Aparently I had a broken lead in the cable. Now I am able to comunicate using RS port

Using MCWB 5.Y.2 21279 and STM32Cube MX 6.3.0 I have passed all required MCWB – MX-IDE steps up to start the motor but before pressing the button I need to find how to configure the Current Sensing and Over Current Protection for the STM32F303RB. Do you have any documentation regarding these procedures?

Current Sensing

My motor nominal current is 30A at 205 V but I want to start with 20 A and this value was set in the motor data. I have selected Two Insulated Current Sensor option and set ICS gain to 0.080, that gives 20.625 A maximum readable current. When I started to generate the code using Mx the warning has appeared “motor nominal current is higher than OCP�? . I were not able to change any parameter or configuration that allows for changing of this limit (Current Sensing topology is external OPAMP by default if changed to Embedded PGA I have pin conflict).  The only way I were able to find the solution was to decrease the motor nominal current to 9 A. Than all the procedure worked well.

Over Current Protection

When I enable OCP at WB main screen I immediately have warning:�?Both embedded and external comparators  selected for OCP�?. On Phase Current Feedback table the Embedded HW OCP is indicated while the Current Threshold is set at fixed value of 9.457A. The rest of the table is not active. When I disable OCP at WB main screen box, the warning disappears but  Current Threshold is still at fixed value of 9.457A on Phase Current Feedback table and may not be changed.

cedric H
ST Employee

Hello,

If you are using ST genuine boards, could you share your stmcx ? It will be easier for me to help you.

Regards

Cedric

LRowi.1
Associate II

Hello again,

The equipment is of STM origin - Steval HKI001V2 inverter set

Production date? of the power board is 2020 06 003. The programmer has been bought separately

How I can share my stmcx, please advice if this can be done on line or it is enough to send you one of the configuration (code) files

Best Regards

cedric H
ST Employee

Hello,

You can attach it to this thread clicking at the paperclip button.

Regards

Cedric

LRowi.1
Associate II

Hello,

I hope, I have selected adequate file, other formats are not accepted by the system

Best regards

cedric H
ST Employee

Hello @LRowi.1​ ,

The file I need in order to help you is the project file you load and save with the MC Workbench. It is a stmcx file.

If you can not upload it with the stmcx suffix, please zip it and attach the zipped version of your stmcx file.

Regards

Cedric

LRowi.1
Associate II

Hallo,

the files with stmcx suffix are not accepted by the system, so I hope the zipped version will bo OK

Best regards

**** Rowinski

LRowi.1
Associate II

Hallo again,

Have you found any reason for my problem with current measurement and limiting? I am not able to continue the project without your help.

I have noticed another issue when using WB. When I start "generation" WB/MX program is not able to see the Java development kit that was installed following request by the WB/MX.