cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motor Pilot bugging. Is my Workbench configuration wrong?

Popeye
Associate III

Hi, I'm getting some nonsense values in Motor Pilot under "MC Configuration". It says there is no max app current or voltage, and my PWM frequency is something ridiculous. I've tried changing it to 25kHz and 20kHz, and these were the readings. I've never enabled position control, either--I cannot enable position control--yet it is enabled here. If I'm correct, medium frequency shouldn't be 0, either. What's the issue?? Oh, also I get some weird warning about demagnetisation. Can't remember touching that. Included image.

0693W00000Y9kcPQAR.png0693W00000Y9kcUQAR.png0693W00000Y9kdDQAR.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cedric H
ST Employee

Hello,

Could you please attach your stwb6 file used to generate your project.

I will try to reproduce your issue.

Regards

Cedric

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
cedric H
ST Employee

Hello,

Could you please attach your stwb6 file used to generate your project.

I will try to reproduce your issue.

Regards

Cedric

Popeye
Associate III

Thank you so much for your quick response! Please specify what format I should upload as. It seems .stwb6 is unsupported.

There you are. Thank you in advance, Cedric.

LHOUE
ST Employee

Hi Popeye,

I see that you try to use a FOC firmware with the 6STEP UI of the pilot.

You must use a UI dedicated to your firmware.

BRs

If you agree with my answer, please accept it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.

@LHOUE​ , I'm confused.

6-step project: 0693W00000Y9oksQAB.pngFOC project:

0693W00000Y9onvQAB.pngI see that 6-step doesn't support external current sensing and that the speed sensing parts of each algorithm take different inputs. However, all my FOC projects have the same UI and are distinct from the 6-step projects.

I see. You meant the Pilot is using a 6-step UI. I don't know how the change this yet, I'll try to do so now. If you have any further advice, I'd appreciate it. Thank you.

LHOUE
ST Employee

Hi Popeye,

To switch to FOC ui in the pilot, just click on the menu bar to "GUI", then "load GUI" and select MC_FOC_SDK.qml in MotorPilot GUI directory.

BRs

If you agree with my answer, please accept it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.

Did it. A little less lost now, thank you 🙂