cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCSDK 6.2.0 bug - Virtual V_bus_sensing

Nikolaj_TL
Associate III

When disabling Bus Voltage Sensing and Temperature Sensing in MC WB 6.2.0 the MC Application results in HardFault. After some debugging I found that the last release of the MCSDK has made a minor change to RCM_ReadOngoingConv(). This means that when RCM_handle_array[i] is null, it is still used as an input parameter to a function that tries to access its data member which causes a Memory Fault. 

I have attached a bug report document explaining the error. Furthermore I have also attached a PrtSc of the debug window and a file containging the STWB6 project (OBS: the project uses a modified STEVAL-SPIN3201 board with changed current sensing network)

Hope this bug will corrected
Best Regards Nikolaj T. L. 

5 REPLIES 5
Gael A
ST Employee

Hello Nikolaj_TL,

I have tried to run a project similar to yours (STEVAL-SPIN3201 + 10kHz PWM FOC + Hall Sensor Speed Feedback + Feed Forward + No VBUS + No Temp) and it is working just fine.

Although what you said is true, the RCM_ReadOngoingConv() function is not meant to be used when no regular conversion is on going, so the previous check from version 5.4.5 is useless. In the FOC_CurrControllerM1() function, there should be the RCM_ExecNextConv() function triggering the ADC conversion that is later read by RCM_ReadOngoingConv(). This is meant for current control and should happen normally even without VBus and Temperature sensing.

Maybe the issue you are facing does not lie there. Have you modified the generated code in any way ? Have you tried with a "regular" STEVAL-SPIN3201 ?

If you agree with my answer, please consider accepting it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.

Hope this will help,
Gaël A.

Hi all,

This issue has already been addressed in MCSDK 6.2.1.

Regards

Cedric.

Nikolaj_TL
Associate III

Hello Gael and cedric,

I am glad go hear that the issue has been addressed in the MCSDK 6.2.1. I hadn't changed anything in the generated code and it also resulted in errors on a regular STEVAL_SPIN3201 board.

I am looking forward to using version 6.2.1.

Regards 
Nikolaj T.L.

Hi @Nikolaj_TL 

Thanks for the notification.

Please confirm that 6.2.1 fixes your issue.

Thanks & Regards

Cedric

Hello @cedric H , 

MC SDK 6.2.1 did fix the issue. Thank you for the quick response