cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC Workbench GENERATION reports errors for a project that was generating fine a few months (mcucrossselector.codex.cro.st.com and Found unsupported composite condition)

DOuel.1
Associate II

When I try to generate code for a project that was generating properly in Feb 2023, I now get the following errors:

ERROR [LineInfo_to_exitCode.log_LineInfo] The ST intranet updater server is unknown: mcucrossselector.codex.cro.st.com

ERROR [LineInfo_to_exitCode.log_LineInfo] Found unsupported composite condition: CLASS='Data Exchange' GROUP='STM32_MetaDataManager'

ERROR [LineInfo_to_exitCode.log_LineInfo] Found unsupported composite condition: GROUP='STM32_MetaDataManager' CLASS='Data Exchange'

I'm using

MC WorkBench: 5.4.8.21553

WB_to_MX : : 1.5.1.template-21-11-15

STM32CubeMX: 6.4.0

MC Firmware Library: 5.4.8

Generation Options:

Target Toolchain: ST STM32CubeIDe

Target Driver : LL-Low Level

Target STM32 FW: 1.5.0

The project is a G081B eval board with a IPMnM2S 3-shunt power stage

I've now Updated my

MC Workench to the latest : 6.6.1

STM32CubeMX to : 6.8.1

STM32CubeIDE to 1.12.1

MC WorkBench: 6.6.1

WB_to_MX : : 6.1.0.template-22-12-05

STM32CubeMX: 6.8.1

MC Firmware Library: 6.1.1-Full5.4.8

Generation Options:

Target Toolchain: ST STM32CubeIDe

Target Driver : LL-Low Level

Target STM32 FW: 1.6.1

Using CubeMX 6.8.1 instead of 6.4.0 got rid of the first error (unknown: mcucrossselector.codex.cro.st.com)

But the other errors remains

ERROR [LineInfo_to_exitCode.log_LineInfo] Found unsupported composite condition: CLASS='Data Exchange' GROUP='STM32_MetaDataManager'

ERROR [LineInfo_to_exitCode.log_LineInfo] Found unsupported composite condition: GROUP='STM32_MetaDataManager' CLASS='Data Exchange'

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Best Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Zied b.
ST Employee

Hello, This doesn't seem to prevent a compatible project from being created,  the generated project should be the one you need, despite the error. We'll be working on a solution to this error.

If you agree with my answer, please accept it by clicking on "Accept as solution".

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
MAnde.11
Associate III

I get this too. It doesn't seem to prevent creation of a compliable project. But I have no idea what problems it might be causing.

Although I only get these errors:

2023-05-11 10:41:58,612 ERROR [LineInfo_to_exitCode.log_LineInfo] Found unsupported composite condition: GROUP='STM32_MetaDataManager' CLASS='Data Exchange'

2023-05-11 10:41:58,613 ERROR [LineInfo_to_exitCode.log_LineInfo] Found unsupported composite condition: CLASS='Data Exchange' GROUP='STM32_MetaDataManager'

2023-05-11 10:29:05,398 INFO [IocGenerator.logModulesVersionInfo] Version info: 

2023-05-11 10:29:05,413 INFO [IocGenerator.logModulesVersionInfo]  MC Workbench    : 6.1.1

2023-05-11 10:29:05,413 INFO [IocGenerator.logModulesVersionInfo]  WB_to_Mx      : 6.1.0.template-22-12-05

2023-05-11 10:29:05,414 INFO [IocGenerator.logModulesVersionInfo]  STM32CubeMX    : 6.8.0

2023-05-11 10:29:05,414 INFO [IocGenerator.logModulesVersionInfo]  MC Firmware Library: 6.1.1-Full

2023-05-11 10:29:05,415 INFO [IocGenerator.logModulesVersionInfo] 

Generation options: 

2023-05-11 10:29:05,415 INFO [IocGenerator.logModulesVersionInfo]  Target Toolchain  : ST STM32CubeIDE

2023-05-11 10:29:05,415 INFO [IocGenerator.logModulesVersionInfo]  Target Driver   : HAL - Hardware Abstraction Layer

2023-05-11 10:29:05,415 INFO [IocGenerator.logModulesVersionInfo]  Target STM32 FW  : 1.5.1

Gmatt.1
Associate II

same problem with the latest release.

BRuiz.1
Associate

I have the same error:

Version info: 

• MC Workbench    : 6.1.1
  • WB_to_Mx      : 6.1.0.template-22-12-05
  • STM32CubeMX    : 6.8.0
  • MC Firmware Library: 6.1.1-Full

Generation options: 

• Target Toolchain  : ST STM32CubeIDE
  • Target Driver   : HAL - Hardware Abstraction Layer
  • Target STM32 FW  : 1.5.1

Does anybody find a solution?

Best regards

DOuel.1
Associate II

As MAnde.11 said it does not appear to cause any issue with the code generation, at least in my case. I verified the generated code and compared it with the code generated with the previous version and appeared identical.

SKoln.1
Associate II

I am also getting this problem, every time, Even when generating one of the examples provided by ST..

I have even downloaded the newest version (15th may 23) of the motorworkbench ver: 6.1.2.

I feel that we the users get very little support from ST, spending day after day on trying to figure out what is going wrong. But when even the examples provided by ST is failing, it seems that the product is not tested before release.

2023-05-26 10:12:47,953 ERROR [LineInfo_to_exitCode.log_LineInfo] Found unsupported composite condition: GROUP='STM32_MetaDataManager' CLASS='Data Exchange'

2023-05-26 10:12:48,014 ERROR [LineInfo_to_exitCode.log_LineInfo] Found unsupported composite condition: GROUP='STM32_MetaDataManager' CLASS='Data Exchange'

2023-05-26 10:12:48,015 ERROR [LineInfo_to_exitCode.log_LineInfo] Found unsupported composite condition: CLASS='Data Exchange' GROUP='STM32_MetaDataManager'

Zied b.
ST Employee

Hello, This doesn't seem to prevent a compatible project from being created,  the generated project should be the one you need, despite the error. We'll be working on a solution to this error.

If you agree with my answer, please accept it by clicking on "Accept as solution".
Zied b.
ST Employee

there is an easy work-around: 

1. Create a folder named .st_motor_control in your user directory. Example: C:\Users\UserName\.st_motor_control for user UserName. This folder may already exist. 

2. In this folder, create a file named wb2mx.properties. This file may already exist. 

3. Open this file with a text editor (Notepad ++ for instance) and put the following lines in it:

# This is the User Config file for WB_to_Mx 
# Note that it overrides the parameters set in the wb2mx.properties file that is delivered with the
# workbench  This latter file can be found in the config folder of the Workbench distribution.
######################################################################################################

#######################################
# the following parameters have to be #
# defined as json string vector       #
errors_to_skip=                       \
  [                                   \
    "Picked up JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS"     \
    , "Found unsupported composite condition: CLASS='Data Exchange' GROUP='STM32_MetaDataManager' \
    , "Found unsupported composite condition: GROUP='STM32_MetaDataManager' CLASS='Data Exchange' \
  ]
#######################################

If the file already exists and is not empty, you can simply add the errors_to_skip table or, it this table exists, simply append the three lines in it, making sure add a comma in front of the first one.

This is a solution that currently fixes the problem, but keep in mind that this problem is related to Cube MX and therefore may improve with future versions.

DOuel.1
Associate II

Thanks Zieb b.

• Agreed, the generated code is the same as before.
  • Before doing as you suggested, I retried, as is, to see if there had been a new update or something that would have fixed the issue… you like the one that caused this to suddently appear...well maybe there was an update, but now I have 4 errors showing instead of 2. Actually if we look at the more detailed log, there are a total of 6, but the 2 "GROUP" ones are just not displayed .

(see the first 2 images below).

• I then did as you suggested (folder already existed, but not the file, so I created it), but no change, same errors… but I had the Workbench already opened before creating that file.
  • So I closed the Workbench, re-opened it and tried again.
  • This time the error didn't get displayed…but neither did any lines after the line " Started STM32CubeMX for final c-code generation", which was followed only by and finished with only: "Completed with errors"

(See last image below. )

And in the more detailed log file, no warning and no errors are shown… !?!

....though the final message in the GUI says completed with errors

• It seemed to generate faster but I prefer to see what the errors are… I'll remove the file I created...

Thanks anyway Zied !  

Log before adding the wb2mx.properties file

Fig1

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bVjGYQA0.png 

More detailed log (some lines removed to keep it short) -- before adding the wb2mx.properties file

Fig2

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bVjHbQAK.pngLog AFTER adding the wb2mx.properties file

Fig3

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bVjJXQA0.pngThanks

Thanks Zied b.

Working towards the clock here.

Version info:

MC Workbench : 6.1.2

WB_to_Mx : 6.1.0.template-22-15-05

STM32CubeMX : 6.8.1

MC Firmware Library: 6.1.2-Full

On a Win 11 laptop i3 Gen 10.

I followed you instructions created both the directory and file.

I have tried to compile project with both FOC and six-step.

Now there is only one error message after code generation (which is very fast this time).

In orange text colour: "Completed with errors"

When I close, I am getting the the red circle with the white cross inside saying: "Generic error" 

There is no error messages inside the STM32CubeMX.log, so that might be a positive sign?

Also, for the motor, when running the ST Motorpilot, it always comes up with: Control Type:6STEP, despite the fact that I am using FOC control??

I really hope ST will prioritize these problems, since there are several customers with the same problem.

Rgs

Steinar