cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to detect BLDC motor step-out?

hsg.1440
Associate II

MCU used: STM32F302C8T6

Program used: ST Motor Control SDK 5.4.8

Currently, we are using a compressor application for freezers, and it is a product with a built-in BLDC motor in the compressor.

There is one problem, but sometimes a step-out occurs. (That is, the operating frequency of the motor is recognized as normal, but the actual motor does not operate.) In this case, an overcurrent error does not occur. I'm trying to detect this manually. I am curious as to how it can be detected, so please reply after checking it out.

4 REPLIES 4
Zied b.
ST Employee

Dear Customer,

Can i have more information about your setup, do you use an encoder or hall sensors for your application ?

Thanks and best regards,

If you agree with my answer, please accept it by clicking on "Accept as solution".
hsg.1440
Associate II

Hello.

Hall sensors or encoders are not used. I am using sensorless method(Observer+PLL). ST MOTOR CONTROL SDK 5.2 was used, and the configuration file (.SMTP) will be sent to you if you reply with your email address. thank you

Zied b.
ST Employee

Hello,

can you try it with MCSDK 5.4.8 or 5.Y.4 ?

which power board is used ?

I don't know what is the SMTP file can you send me your .stmcx file please ?

You can attach files here on the forum.

Thanks and best regards.

If you agree with my answer, please accept it by clicking on "Accept as solution".
We will send you the requested file, so please refer to the work. thank you -----Original Message----- From: "ST Community" To: "hansg000@naver.com"; Cc: Sent: 2022-12-06 (화) 22:04:08 (GMT+09:00) Subject: Zied b. answered you: Is there any way to detect BLDC motor step-out? Hello, can you try it with MCSDK 5.4.8 or 5.Y.4 ? which power board is used ? I don't know what is the SMTP file can you send me your .stmcx file please ? You can attach files here on the forum. Thanks and best regards. Zied b. (ST Employee) Hello, can you try it with MCSDK 5.4.8 or 5.Y.4 ? which power board is used ? I don't know what is the SMTP file can you send me your .stmcx file please ? You can attach files here on the forum. Thanks and best regards. View/Answer or reply to this email Replying to hsg.1440 (Community Member) asked a question. Tuesday, October 25, 2022 12:17 AM Is there any way to detect BLDC motor step-out? MCU used: STM32F302C8T6 Program used: ST Motor Control SDK 5.4.8 Currently, we are using a compressor application for freezers, and it is a product with a built-in BLDC motor in the compressor. There is one problem, but sometimes a step-out occurs. (That is, the operating frequency of the motor is recognized as normal, but the actual motor does not operate.) In this case, an overcurrent error does not occur. I'm trying to detect this manually. I am curious as to how it can be detected, so please reply after checking it out. Zied b. (ST Employee) Hello, can you try it with MCSDK 5.4.8 or 5.Y.4 ? which power board is used ? I don't know what is the SMTP file can you send me your .stmcx file please ? You can attach files here on the forum. Thanks and best regards. Tuesday, December 6, 2022 5:04 AM You're receiving emails when someone "Comments on my posts." To change or turn off ST Community email, log in as hansg000@naver.com.st. Are notifications about this post getting annoying? Reply to this email with the word " mute ". STMicroelectronics N.V.