cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IHM07M1 + NUCLEO-F446RE at 48V ST Motor Profiler cannot complete

KConn.2
Associate II

I am using an IHM07M1 with NUCLEO-F446RE, and a rather large BLDC motor.

If I use a 24V supply voltage the ST Motor Profiler 5.Y.1 is able to complete fine, but when I connect my 48V supply the profiler almost immediately fails once I start it, I don't see any movement in the motor.

I looked at the jumper configuration on the board and I don't think there is anything wrong with it. The 48V supply is not destroying my setup, I can go back to the 24V and it works fine.

Is there some rework or other configuration that needs to be done to scale a measurement or something to support the higher voltage?

Thanks,

-Kyler

Edit:

Did some testing with a bench top power supply, the profiler seems to fail once the voltage supply is about 36V or more.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear @Community member​ 

According to our experts, even if 48V is a maximum, in fact those boards have a threshold at 36 V.

Therefor it cannot be work at 48V.

Have you the possibility to change your HW setup?

Best regards

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Laurent Ca...
Lead II

The question has been moved from the "Motor Control Hardware" section to the "STM32 Motor Control" section (the question is about the STM32 MC SDK). 

Best regards

Laurent Ca...

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear @Community member​ 

Welcome to the STM32 Community

Could you give more details to the STM32 Community about your setup -the material you use- ?

(HW and also SW: CPU(s), tools and versions, board(s), motor(s) and so on)

And more especially did you use STM32 MC tools (such as MC-Suite, STM32 MC Motor Profile, STM32 MC SDK, STM32 MC Workbench, the used example, the origin of the base of your application source code, and so on)?

Best regards

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear @Community member​ 

According to our experts, even if 48V is a maximum, in fact those boards have a threshold at 36 V.

Therefor it cannot be work at 48V.

Have you the possibility to change your HW setup?

Best regards

Thank you for the reply.

I am using the latest motor profiler and motor control workbech, v5.Y.1. I believe everything is up to date latest, CubeMX (v6.2.1) and CubeIDE (v1.6.1).

After generating the FW with the motor control work bench, then from CubeMX, I don't modify it at all.

I wanted to use the IHM08M1, but they are unavailable right now, but we did have the IHM07M1 already, so the plan was to get that dev environment setup but just be limited to the lower current capability of the IHM07M1.

Do you know if the IHM08M1 can go up to the full rated voltage?

We also have some STEVAL-SPIN3201 eval boards, they are rated to 45V, do you know if they are able to operate all the way to 45V?

Is it an issue like a resistor divider scaling some signal that could be reworked? Or does it have more to do with the control algorithm simply not supporting the control at the higher voltages?

Thanks,

-Kyler