cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSO with bus voltage higher than 1000V

RTirapegui
Visitor

Hi,

I'm using Motor Control Workbench 6.2.0 with a custom power board that supports a maximum of 1200Vdc. The motor to be controlled also supports a maximum of 1200Vdc.

When creating the project, I noticed that on the Power Supply tab, the application requires the bus voltage level to be specified within a range compatible with the power board and motor specifications, which in my case is [100 - 1200] Vdc.

However, regardless of the value set in the bus voltage level text box, the Voltage Scale field on the Speed Sensing Config. tab appears to be out of range: it indicates a maximum allowed value of 1000V.

RTirapegui_0-1725550937518.png

Moreover, from the HSO startup guide, I read that the voltage scale value can't be lower than the maximum voltage that can be measured based on the hardware design (which makes sense due to internal firmware scaling).

RTirapegui_1-1725551109552.png

So, I wonder if there's a way for my application to work with bus voltages in the range of (1000 - 1200] Vdc?

Is this an intentional limitation of Motor Control Workbench due to internal firmware design (perhaps related to the fixed-point resolution, etc.), or can I change the value directly in drive_parameters.h without any concern?

RTirapegui_2-1725551717399.png

Thanks!

0 REPLIES 0