cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read STEVAL-SPIN3202 parameters

Ferrari
Associate II

Dear all,

I have a STEVAL-SPIN3020 board. Is it possible to read the parameters stored in the board and backup them on my PC? I have caooneccted the board to my PC via USB and I'm using MCSDK_v5.4.4 software.

Thank you very much for your help and cooperation,

Regards

Luigi Ferrari

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

ciao @Ferrari ,

in the STSPIN32F0A device mounted on STEVAL-SPIN3202 board is not pre-loaded any firmware.

First of all check if you have the right jumper setting for the FOC driving (by default the six-step mode is selected, more details on UM2278)

• jumper connected on J12 closed and remove jumper from J11;
  • jumper connected on JP8 between pin 2 and 3 (FOC position). 

You can create your project to drive a motor with FOC algorithms with STM32 motor control workbench following these steps:

• Open the STM32 motor control workbench
  • Click on “New Project�? and a parameter window appears
  • Choose the “Inverter�? board type and select the STEVAL-SPIN3202 from the dropdown list. In this way, the application automatically loads all the hardware-related parameters for the FOC library.
  • From the motor list, one of the pre-configured motors (or a generic starting model can be selected)
  • Click OK. A new project is now created according to the starting parameters selected.

A new configuration window appears, allowing the parameters to be set for each blocks: “Motor�?, “Power Stage�?, “FW Drive Management�? (i.e. FOC algorithm configuration), “Control Stage�? (i.e. MCU configuration).

You can customize your application and save the project by clicking on the save button.

This is the configuration file of parameters used and generate the code by clicking on "Generation" button.

In the generation windows you can set more parameters and after create the custom folder with your library code.

You can find more details on the UM2168 Using STM32 motor control workbench with STSPIN32F0 and STSPIN32F0A

Let me know, if I answer to your question.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Ciao @Ferrari​ welcome to the ST Community.

Are you referring to the parameters of FOC algorithm? Which ones do you need?

If not can you specify which parameters are you referring to?

Ferrari
Associate II

Ciao Cristiana,

Yes, I refer to FOC algorithm. I have a STEVAL-SPIN3020 board used to setup parameters for motor control but I do not have the related project fil (.stmcv or .stmc file).

Is it possible to download from the board the parameters of FOC algorithm and backup them ?

Thank you very much for your help and cooperation

regards

Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

ciao @Ferrari ,

in the STSPIN32F0A device mounted on STEVAL-SPIN3202 board is not pre-loaded any firmware.

First of all check if you have the right jumper setting for the FOC driving (by default the six-step mode is selected, more details on UM2278)

• jumper connected on J12 closed and remove jumper from J11;
  • jumper connected on JP8 between pin 2 and 3 (FOC position). 

You can create your project to drive a motor with FOC algorithms with STM32 motor control workbench following these steps:

• Open the STM32 motor control workbench
  • Click on “New Project�? and a parameter window appears
  • Choose the “Inverter�? board type and select the STEVAL-SPIN3202 from the dropdown list. In this way, the application automatically loads all the hardware-related parameters for the FOC library.
  • From the motor list, one of the pre-configured motors (or a generic starting model can be selected)
  • Click OK. A new project is now created according to the starting parameters selected.

A new configuration window appears, allowing the parameters to be set for each blocks: “Motor�?, “Power Stage�?, “FW Drive Management�? (i.e. FOC algorithm configuration), “Control Stage�? (i.e. MCU configuration).

You can customize your application and save the project by clicking on the save button.

This is the configuration file of parameters used and generate the code by clicking on "Generation" button.

In the generation windows you can set more parameters and after create the custom folder with your library code.

You can find more details on the UM2168 Using STM32 motor control workbench with STSPIN32F0 and STSPIN32F0A

Let me know, if I answer to your question.

Ferrari
Associate II

Ciao Cristiana,

thank you dor your answer. You wrote:

> in the STSPIN32F0A device mounted on STEVAL-SPIN3202 board is not pre-loaded any firmware.

Yes, I know but I already used the STEVAL-SPIN3202 with related tool but the saved project is completely deleted ..... There is any possibility to recover the parameters from the firmware ?

Thank you very much for your help and cooperation

regards

Ciao @Ferrari​ ,

You could download the binary code from STSPIN32F0A through a STLINK connection, but from this file is very tricky extract the parameters from this file.

I feel sorry for you :sad_but_relieved_face: but the fastest way is make a new project.