cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to migrate the PMSM SDK 2.0/3.0 to STM32F4?

xinzhong
Associate
Posted on December 19, 2011 at 14:49

I used to developing a servo driver with PMSM FOC SDK 2.0 in STM32F103 MCU. And I wanna make a new control board with STM32F417ZG because of its floating point unit. Can I use the SDK2.0 in F4 directly or do something. I can't find any migration information between F1 and F4 on ST website.

And I plan to update the SDK from 2.0 to 3.0, but I can�t get the source code of PMSM SDK3.0 from Chinese distributor, so can someone send me the source code. Thanks a lot.

#condiential-web-distribution
14 REPLIES 14
dannym
Associate II
Posted on August 08, 2012 at 21:33

Gigi-

I still have not had any success in getting the STM32 FOC lib. 3.2 Confidential from our local office.  Is there some way I can contact you?  This forum has no Private Messaging function.

bille.stello
Associate III
Posted on August 09, 2012 at 17:15

Hi Danny,

For private messaging, please go to

[DEAD LINK /public/STe2ecommunities/mcu/Lists/motor_control/AllItems.aspx]https://my.st.com/public/STe2ecommunities/mcu/Lists/motor_control/AllItems.aspx, click on 'Contact moderator' and let us know who is your ST local contact.

We'll try to process your request as soon as possible. Be aware you will be required to sign a firmware license for the confidential distribution while web distribution is now available on ST website @

http://www.st.com/internet/com/SOFTWARE_RESOURCES/SW_COMPONENT/FIRMWARE/stm32_pmsm_foc_motorcontrol_fwlib.zip

New release of ST MC Workbench (configuration and communication with target MC application) is also available @

http://www.st.com/internet/com/SOFTWARE_RESOURCES/TOOL/CONFIGURATION_UTILITY/motorcontrol_workbench.zip

Best Regards,

Billino

dannym
Associate II
Posted on August 09, 2012 at 21:07

Gigi-

Your post about the Confidential release being available was just deleted entirely from the forum- is there a reason for this, or was this accidentally removed when the 3.2 Web Distribution release was posted?  As the Web Distribution is not the same as the Confidential, this is not an update to the same information, but I could see how that could be accidentally done as a replacement for the ''sticky'' post.

bille.stello
Associate III
Posted on August 17, 2012 at 09:19

Hi Miller,

indeed the ''sticky'' post about web distribution was intended to replace the one related to confidential distribution beacuse this is a public forum so web distribution could better fit...

By the way, your comment is valid, post about 'Confidential' wouldn't have to be deleted... So it is worth to mention again that confidential distribution is also available contacting your nearest ST office. Refer to web distribution information to know about the differences between 'Web' and 'Confidential' distribution.

Best Regards,

Billino

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

The question has been moved from the section "Motor Control Hardware" to the "STM32 Motor Control" section (the question is about the STM32 MC SDK). 

Best regards