cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to calculate the Ke?

gtop.1
Associate III

I refer here:https://wiki.stmicroelectronics.cn/stm32mcu/wiki/STM32MotorControl:How_To_manually_configure_the_motor_parameters 

Setup_motor_parameters_manually-7.png

Below is the profiler's result. Ke=9.59 Vrms/kRPM.

20231008160258.png

Below is my owm test.

TEK00107.PNG

Vpp=13.6v,pole pairs=5,fbemf=83.33Hz. Ke=(13.6*5*1000)/(2√2*83.33*60)=4.8085 Vrms/kRPM.

I wonder if I chose the wrong frequency?Is it between point A and point B or pointA and pointC?Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
cedric H
ST Employee

Hello @gtop.1,

The frequency you chose is correct. I would be more in favor of definition issue regarding the pole pairs number to explain your factor 2 difference between the profiler output and your computation. 

Regards

Cedric

My motor ' poles is 10 (pole pairs is 5). Do you mean that calculate the Ke should use the poles not pole pairs?

cedric H
ST Employee

If you look at this documentation  How To manually configure the motor parameters - stm32mcu

Paragraph  2 Pole pair (number) parameter .

It is stated :

• The number of rotor stable positions in one mechanical turn represents the number of pole pairs.

So if you have 10 stable positions, then your pole pairs number must be 10.

Regards

Cedric

Unfortunately, it have 5 stable positions.This confuses me and I don't know what the problem is.

Is there any other possibility?

cedric H
ST Employee

Could you describe accurately how did you generate the oscilloscope dump ? 

How did you spin your motor for instance ? 

Cedric

Hello @gtop.1,

No news ?

how did you spin your motor to generate your waveform, did you plug it to any electronic other than the scope ?

Cedric