cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVSPIN32F06Q1S1 Questions?

SWenn.1
Senior III

Hello all.

I am new to motor controllers and have some questions as I try to understand drivers for BLDCs.

I am looking to drive a compressor (using BLDC motor driver).  I require up to 400V at about 2.5A (so 1000W max power).

It seems that I could do this with the above board and of course a 400V, 1000W AC/DC power supply.

Can someone confirm that this is possible as stated?  

Will I be able to change the PWM on the code on the eval board to accomplish this? (I want to be able to run the compressor from 100V to 400V and also shut it off)

One final question for evaluation purposes is there a simple windows application for configuration and getting the various voltages out of the device?

Thank you

Steve

4 REPLIES 4
Gael A
ST Employee

Hello SWenn.1,

The EVSPIN32F06Q1S1 should meet your needs, although you might have space issue if you have a complex application.

Concerning your second and last questions, know that we provide a Motor Control Software Development Kit (MCSDK) that allows you to create customizable projects depending on your needs. This includes flashing 6-STEP or FOC code, and the PWM frequency is one of the input parameters.
Download link : https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/x-cube-mcsdk.html
 (Please prefer MCSDK v6.2)
Motor Control Wiki : https://wiki.st.com/stm32mcu/wiki/STM32MotorControl:Introduction_to_Motor_Control_with_STM32

MCSDK documentation can be found by clicking on About -> Documentations -> Documentation

If you agree with my answer, please consider accepting it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.

Hope this will help,
Gaël A.

Hello Gael...

Thank you for your response.  Given I don't quite know all the pieces of your product line do you have other suggestions for evaluating motor controllers knowing that I need to vary between 100V and 400V with power requirements of 1000W?  I would like to compare the list you offer with my needs and choose the best one.  At the moment this is purely evaluation and ultimately we would spin a pcb to fit in a housing so space is not a constraint for this test.

Thank you

Steve

Hello SWenn.1,

In that case, you can take a look at the STEVAL-CTM010V1 (based on F3) if you want an inverter. It is tailored for compressor + fan systems, although it has two motor drive outputs and you may only need one.

However, if you want to test several boards, you can go for a modular system, using the NUCLEO-G431 + IHM09 + STEVAL-IPM10. This way you can eventually compare the STEVAL-IPM10B and STEVAL-IPM10F. If you want to get rid of the bridge between the NUCLEO and STEVAL boards, you can use a STM32G474E-EVAL instead of the NUCLEO. This way you won't need the IHM09 bridge.

If you agree with my answer, please consider accepting it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.

Hope this will help,
Gaël A.
SWenn.1
Senior III

Hello Gael....

A possible oversight on my part but I received the STEVAL-CTM010V1 today.  It looks like I can connect 120VAC with Hot, Neutral and the 3rd prong being Earth Potential which works for me BUT the QuickStart guide calls out 220VAC.  Can I connect 120VAC to this board and have it work?  Can I connect 220VAC to this board and have it work?

I will be evaluating at my end using a small 24V (26W) where as the customer will require the 220VAC for a large compressor.  I only have 120 available.

Thanks

Steve