cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

doubt regarding STEVAL-SPIN3201

vishu
Associate II

Still facing problem in STEVAL-SPIN3201. I  got errors like FOC  duration and software error. unable to start the motor. May i know what is the problem?

I decreased PWM frequency, changed the execution rate, changed the PID values. Still the errors are there. 

Please let me know. I attached snapshot for reference.

3 REPLIES 3
Gael A
ST Employee

Hello vishu,

Could you provide us your project file ? Also, I would like to know what kind of motor you are trying to run. Finally, please consider upgrading your MCSDK to version 6.2 to benefit from a better support on our side.

If you agree with my answer, please consider accepting it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.

Hope this will help,
Gaël A.
vishu
Associate II

MCSDK 6.2 doesnt support STEVAL-SPIN3201 evaluation board. Hence i'm using MCSDK v5.4.8

and for motor specifications im using motor profiler v5.4.8. from profiler i got all values that motor needed

After getting all values i open motor control workbench for running the motor. But unfortunately motor is not running 

I got errors like FOC duration and Software errors

I attached snapshot for your reference. 

Gael A
ST Employee

Hello vishu,

I just checked, and the MCSDK v6.2 does support the STEVAL-SPIN3201. You can find it by clicking on Inverter in the General Info tab, then it should appear in the Inverter tab.
In any case, know that the MCSDK v6.2.1 has been released just now. Please consider upgrading your MCSDK to version 6.2.1.

In the meantime, I will perform tests with a motor similar to yours, and I will come back to you shortly if I manage to reproduce your issue and find any solution. Please reach out to us if you find a solution by then.

If you agree with my answer, please consider accepting it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.

Hope this will help,
Gaël A.