cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVSPIN32F0601S3 I cannot compile the program generated by ST Motor Control

Kamil Wroński
Associate III

Hello, I am a novice programmer. I have a problem with EVSPIN32F0601S3.

I cannot compile the program generated by ST Motor Control in any way - whatever I would not do, an error pops up:

"Make: *** No target rule" ../Middlewares/MotorControl/inrush_current_limiter.c ", needed by" Middlewares / MotorControl / inrush_current_limiter.o ". Stop. The problem with the C / C hard drive "

ST MOTOR CONTROL shows no error.

And I can't connect via ST Motor Control to EVSPIN32F0601S3 board (I can via IDE and others).

Can someone help me with this problem or indicate where I can look for a solution?

12 REPLIES 12
Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Hi @Kamil Wroński​  welcome to ST Community.

For a better support, can you share the whole project folder?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution"
Kamil Wroński
Associate III

Hi

I was able to fix this problem, but another one appeared. I am not able to connect to the EVSPIN board via ST Motor Control. The program tells me to check the board's power supply or baud rate. The board is properly powered and the baud rate is set as needed. I also tried to connect via Motor Profiler but in this program I cannot select my board (it is not in the "Select Boards" tab).

I can still connect to the board using the IDE

Hi @Kamil Wroński​ ,

please could you share with the Community how you fixed for the Make issue?

Concerning the missing connection with ST Motor Control workbench, I can suggest that you do some checking:

• In the "Digital I/O" window, "Serial communication" area verify the right baud rate

0693W000003C43AQAS.png

• opening the "Monitor" tools, check in the top bar if the selected "COM port" correspond to ST/LINK port in the PC Device Manager; and if the selected baud rate matches the value that you read before.

Let me know if you were able to connect the board to STMCWB.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution"
Kamil Wroński
Associate III

Hi

I checked these options at the beginning and they are all set correctly. ST Motor Control is the only program that does not bind to the board. Other programs, such as the IDE, connect without any problems.

Hi @Kamil Wroński​ ,

What IDE are you using?

Did you upload the firmware generated by the Motor Control workbench to the board?

Kamil Wroński
Associate III

Hi

I am using STM32CubeIDE 1.4.0

Immediately after generating the code, I uploaded it to the board.

Hi @Kamil Wroński​ 

the IDE communicates with the device through SWD, whereas the Motor Control WB with UART.

To try to find the causes of missing communication, please share your procedure step-by-step.

Kamil Wroński
Associate III

cześć

Najpierw uruchomiłem St Motor Control i ustawiłem parametry silnika, zasilanie, ustawienia mikrokontrolera itp. Następnie wygenerowałem program i wgrałem go za pomocą STM32CubeIDE. Teraz próbuję połączyć się z płytą przez ST Motor Control. Zauważyłem, że wbudowana płytka ST-link może łączyć się z mikrokontrolerem przez UART. Zgodnie z twoją radą próbowałem połączyć się przez UART. Odłączyłem wbudowane w płytkę łącze St-link i podłączyłem zewnętrzne, ale pojawiły się te same błędy.0693W000003OfSzQAK.jpg0693W000003OfSuQAK.jpg

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear @Kamil Wroński​ 

Could you translate your last message in English?

Thanks by adavance.

Best regards

Laurent Ca...