cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

b-g431b-esc1 Overcurrent at the start

giova_
Associate II

I have a custom motor controlled with the b-g431b-esc1 that I have been able to run in position control mode without overcurrent protection. As soon as I activate overcurrent protection the motor goes in the fault state when I click the "start" of the motor pilot. The motor does not perform even alignement. I tried to change the following lines of code of `mc_parameters.c` file:

```

const R3_2_Params_t R3_2_ParamsM1 =

{

/* DAC settings --------------------------------------------------------------*/

.DAC_OCP_Threshold = 4083,

.DAC_OVP_Threshold = 23830,

};

```

moving the `DAC_OCP_Threshold` to 4483 and the motor does not go in overcurrent anymore. I think that 4083 is generated from the MC_Workbench from the 45A limit of the board, but using the 4483 exceed the 4096 that should be the 12-bit DAC limit.

The motor is powered with a supply limited to 5A. For this reason I think 45A current on the shunt resistors is hard to be reached.

Am I missing something?

Let me know,

best regards

1 REPLY 1
GMA
ST Employee

Hello @giova_,

Is-it a customized b-g431b-esc1?
Did profiled your motor through another ST platforms?  Could you share your motor characteristics?
Do you have also this over current in case of Speed Control mode? Open Loop mode?

If you agree with the answer, please accept it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.
Best regards.
GMA