cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B-G431B-ESC1 from Batch B04 not working

EGran.2
Associate II

I've tried numerous boards, with different motors and power supplies.

I just can't seem to get it to work, neither using motor profiler or motor control workbench (using the example code).

After reaching out to some other people that had the same problem, I was told that this is a problem using cards from batch "B04". Cards from batch B03 are supposed to work (still waiting for delivery).

The datasheet states "LQFP48" package on the processor, but it absolutely looks like it's UFQFPN48 on my cards. Could this be the reason it doesn't work?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear @EGran.2​ 

I think this problem has been solved in this thread: https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00000HwV8RSAV .

Best regards

Laurent Ca...

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear @EGran.2​ 

Since your question is related to MCSDK, I change the tag of this post to "STM32 Motor Control".

Best regards

Laurent C.

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear @EGran.2​ 

I think this problem has been solved in this thread: https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00000HwV8RSAV .

Best regards

Laurent Ca...

PPhan.1
Associate II

I've got 2 units of B-G431B-ESC1 version Y batch B04 and been struggling for 2 weeks already. Tried all the hacks on https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00000HwV8RSAV but they are still not working properly. The latest and best tried so far was following @Community member​: Motor spin a little at the startup (beep sound), when I feed input PWM signal --> motor ramping up spin in about 2 seconds and then stops. Tried different PWM duty cycles but still the same.

I've also commented out the esc functions and only used simple motor control functions (MC_ProgramSpeedRampMotor1(150, 3000);

MC_StartMotor1();

HAL_Delay(10000); ) --> the motor ramp up and stop almost the same way after 2s.

Looks like this issue happen when the controller jumping to FOC mode. Any help out there please?

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear @PPhan.1​ 

That is an interesting problem.

Could open a new thred about (this one is closed) ?

Best Regards

Laurent C.

PPhan.1
Associate II

Tks @Laurent Ca...​ , yes, I did open a new thread.

Today I managed to run the motor with motor control functions (ramp up, run and stop), also managed to run with Start/stop button. But I'm still stuck with ESC. Only a single beep this time and motor did not move in the ESC routine.

Still not sure the reason, here are what I did:

1. Completely removed CubeIDE, MCSDK and CubeMX.
  2. Reinstalled all of them with the latest versions
  3. Followed the hack steps (with STM FW V1.3.0 instead of the software recommended V1.0.0)

The strange thing is the Motor Profiler did not run on the updated Hex file. Luckily, I've got the motor parameters and ignored this step.

Best,

Phan.

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear @PPhan.1​ 

Therefor let's continue this conversation in this new thread.

Best regards

Laurent Ca...