cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X-CUBE-AZRTOS packs are missing full folders to make some examples work

Oskar_H
Senior

Hello community,

I have went around the latest X-CUBE-AZRTOS packs of several MCU series to do some benchmarking and started to install a few software examples to use them in STM32CubeIDE 1.14.0.

I found out that for some of them, the tool fails to copy through the Target Example Selector and therefore they are impossible to build. I digged a little what could be wrong and discovered that all these examples need some files that are not present in the X-CUBE-AZRTOS pack itself, whereas they are present in the related STM32Cube_FW pack !

• Middlewares/ST/STM32_Audio
  • Utilities/Fonts

This problem exists for the following packs / examples:

• X-CUBE-AZRTOS-F4 version 1.1.0
    • STM32469I-Discovery/Applications/FileX|ThreadX|USBX/*  (13 examples)
  • X-CUBE-AZRTOS-G0 version 1.1.0
    • STM32G0C1E-EV/Applications/USBPD|USBX/* (7 examples)
  • X-CUBE-AZRTOS-WB version 2.0.0
    • STM32WB5MM-DK/Applications/FileX|ThreadX|USBX/* (3 examples)

The easy workaround for me is to copy these 2 folders from STM32Cube_FW to X-CUBE-AZRTOS, but it obviously needs correction from ST to add what is missing.

Can you confirm it will be done in next pack deliveries ?

5 REPLIES 5
FBL
ST Employee

Hello @Oskar_H 

It is mentioned in Azure RTOS packages:

The scope of this package covers the following Azure RTOS middleware: RTOS (ThreadX), USB Device and Host (USBX), File System including NOR/NAND memories support (FileX and LevelX) and Networking including Ethernet and WiFi media (NetXDuo).

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello @FBL 

yes of course, I already know that, and precisely because I wanted to build some examples using FileX, ThreadX, NetXDuo and USBX included in these packs, I faced the copy/build issues I mentionned in this other post : https://community.st.com/t5/stm32cubeide-mcus/fail-to-perform-local-copy/m-p/622589#M22991

None of these examples work when installing with Example Selector of STM32CubeIDE 1.14.0 !

These 3 X-CUBE packs are incomplete, please fix them.

Hello @Oskar_H 

I have tried to reproduce on my side but the build is successful for the example :

• X-CUBE-AZRTOS-WB version 2.0.0
    • STM32WB5MM-DK/Applications/FileX|ThreadX|USBX/* (3 examples)

FBelaid_0-1706276691680.png

If possible, to share steps to reproduce the issue. On my side I downloaded x cube package from MX tool without issues.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Yes, sure !

Here are the steps to reproduce the issue in STM32CubeIDE 1.14.0:

Open menu File > New > STM32 Project
In Target Selection window, click Example Selector tab
In Board Name, type STM32WB5MM-DK
In Examples list, select Ux_Device_CDC_ACM and click Next >
In STM32 Project popup, click Finish
Then after a while there is an error as shown in the screenshot below.
STM32CubeIDE_copyerror.png

At the same time this error is output in execution log:

2024-01-26 18:27:04,899 [ERROR] com.st.microxplorer.mcufinder.util.ExampleToolKit.processExtraFiles(ExampleToolKit.java:1585) - File not found: ../../../Utilities/Fonts/fonts.h
2024-01-26 18:27:04,903 [INFO] com.st.microxplorer.mcufinder.util.ExampleToolKit.copy_engine(ExampleToolKit.java:887) - [WARNING] Project 'Ux_Device_CDC_ACM' installed with Warning(s)/Error(s)
2024-01-26 18:27:04,903 [INFO] com.st.microxplorer.mcufinder.util.ExampleToolKit.copy_engine(ExampleToolKit.java:908) - [info] 2024/01/26 18:27:04
2024-01-26 18:27:04,925 [INFO] com.st.microxplorer.mcufinder.util.ExampleToolKit.elapsedTime(ExampleToolKit.java:1027) - [info] Elapsed time: 0h 1m 41s 874ms

Then I click Finish but it just does nothing and there is still the error.
The only way to continue is to click Cancel, it closes the popup and the example is gone ! Then I cannot even build it...

Hello @Oskar_H 

Thank you for your quick response.

I confirm I have faced the same issue (local copy) as you detailed. This issue is under investigation by our colleagues. 

FBelaid_0-1706298661483.png

However, according to Utilities, they are not included in the x cube package and should be included by the user.

• Middlewares/ST/STM32_Audio
  • Utilities/Fonts