cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using stm32f767zi to save data from lidar to usb drive

Twistereek
Associate

As in the title, i need to take the data coming from velodyne lidar vlp-16 through ethernet cable and save it to some usb pendrive or hard drive. I am using stm32f767zi. Data will be coming at about 20Mbit/s and i do not need to do anything with it, just save it. However, i am having trouble finding anything similar to this, and as i am a begginer i have no idea how to really start doing this, so i would very much apprecieate any help on the subject.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Probably be far easier building this with RPi in Linux..

Or similar credit card / smaller SBC

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
FBL
ST Employee

Hello @Twistereek 

You can start with STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.17.1\Projects\STM32F767ZI-Nucleo\Applications\LwIP\LwIP_HTTP_Server_Netconn_RTOS software package as an example of HTTP server application based on LwIP TCP/IP stack.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

LCE
Principal

Warning: Ethernet, USB and a file system in-between is nothing you can solve with a few clicks in CubeMX.

Even a pro will need a few weeks or even months for this, so expect to have a hard year ahead.

But not to discourage you, you will learn a lot! 😉 

Probably be far easier building this with RPi in Linux..

Or similar credit card / smaller SBC

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..