cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

user friendly programming language for STM32 ?

parth kothiya
Senior

I am designing product using STM32 It is possible programming STM32 using ladder logic or using block base programming language (ex : nod red) because all user don't know C programming & RTOS 

suggest me any user friendly programming language which is supported by STM32 MCUs

10 REPLIES 10

Arduino?

JW

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Arduino based implementations like STM32duino could be a possibility as @Community member​ said.

Block based programming languages (if you can even call it that) create a certain level of abstraction, but eat up a considerable amount of resources. For systems with a lot of computing power, such as Linux-based multi-core systems with more than 1GHz, this does not play such a big role. However, the STM32s are intended more for controlling small and medium-sized systems that are often intended to cover time-critical applications.

What could be an alternative for beginners, however, are implementations of Python, e.g. MicroPython.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

still it is difficult PLC ladder logic is very simple and easy to understand other is nod red, blocky etc ...

SofLit
ST Employee

I don't know if this is what you're looking for.. It's available only on Android and iOS:

https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/st-plc.html

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

It in not support all stm32 MCU,

Ldmicro software support only Pic, avr but not stm32.

I'm looking for similar softwares like Ldmicro​ but for STM32.

https://cq.cx/ladder.pl​

One can argue whether this is support for STM32 or application programming, which is the user's task.

Well, as I was just able to briefly check your URL, LDmicro does indeed already support STM32, at least in v5.4.1.1, which has been released on 2021-03-22. It has at least been tested with I2C and LCD, as mentioned in Lib_i2clcd-en.txt:

It has been tested successfully on STM32F407 and STM32F103

The package also contains the libraries:

• ldmicro\LIBRARIES_FOR\Arm\STM32F1
  • ldmicro\LIBRARIES_FOR\Arm\STM32F4

HowTo-ARM.txt also lists hints for use on STM32 MCUs, even though the name of the original creator of the libraries is wrong: it is not T Merjele, but Tilen Majerle.

You are welcome to make a pull request, extend the source code to your target platform and then do e.g. a commit.

Good luck!

If the problem is resolved, please mark this topic as answered by selecting Select as best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

I'm looking for software which supports all stm32 mcus

​Why ST not build ladder programming software for programming STM32 ,

Inside Delta PLC ​there is STM32F1 MCU used.

Belated reply perhaps, but the Ld software at www.dge.com.au may be worthy of your review. STM32F407/415/37x are represented as well as other Cortex-M3/M4 MCUs.

regards, Workalot

> Ld software at https://www.dge.com.au/index.php/products

Is this your work, Workalot?

Looks nice and interesting. I am not familiar with ladder logic (except that I know it exists 🙂 ) but it appears that this may fit the bill for quite a couple of users interested in this form of programming.

Are other platforms planned to be supported? What's the business model?

JW