cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USBX MSC Windows 11

EMont.1
Associate II

Hello,

I am having a problem with the Azure USBX MSC libraries. The version I am using is ### V6.2.0 (23-12-2022) ###. The microcontroller is STM32U545.
If I connect the device to a computer with windows 7, the msc memory is mounted correctly and I can access both reading and writing. If instead I connect the device to windows 11, the hard disk icon is displayed but I have no way to access the resource and after a few minutes a hard fault occurs. In debug mode I saw that the driver crashes bouncing between the state: UX_SLAVE_CLASS_COMMAND_ACTIVATE and the state UX_SLAVE_CLASS_COMMAND_DEACTIVATE present in the file _ux_device_class_storage_entry.c
How can I solve it? Do I need a particular driver for windows 11?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
FBL
ST Employee

Hi @EMont.1 

Would you make sure to update the latest driver? Could you confirm you are using USBX standalone without FileX?Try to understand the cause of the hard fault by examining the call stack and the specific line of code where the fault occurs. This can provide insights into what might be causing the issue.

Could you provide more details about your configuration STORAGE_BLK_SIZ, STORAGE_BLK_NBR and the allocated resources?

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi

I’m using the USBX libraries without standalone and without FileX. Are there any known issue with the configuration without standalone?

I replicated the same issue with the NUCLEO-U545RE-Q using RAM instead of SDcard.

With Windows 10 work fine

thumbnail_image.png

 With Windows 11 

thumbnail_image.png

Thanks

Hi @EMont.1 

Would you start with the example provided STM32CubeU5/Projects/STM32U575I-EV/Applications/USBX/Ux_Device_MSC at main · STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeU5 (github.com)
and replicate the issue? This would help to forward your request for testing!

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi, 

Windows 11 storage driver is set by default in QUICK REMOVAL. In this mode usbx doesn't work.

thumbnail_image.png

If i set policy in BETTER PERFORMANCE, usbx work fine.

thumbnail_image.png

Can you help me how to setting automatically this policy? Do i need a driver or something?

Thanks