Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB read/write permission

Ntall.1
Associate II

Hello,

Please find the Product details below:

NUCLEO-H743ZI2

I have purchased the above board for developing application to interface with the Lan9253 device.

I have installed the device drivers downloaded from the STMicroelectronics site.

Do I need any USB write/read access to work with this device as I’m getting USB device is blocked .

Please clarify as I’m not able to proceed with any development work on the board.

Thanks & Regards

6 REPLIES 6
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

For the best experience, use a Windows 10 machine, it should just work.

If you have Linux or Mac, USB setup can get complicated.

Note that the board has two USB connectors. The debugger one is on the side opposite to Ethernet and buttons.

The same debugger cable carries the virtual COM port connected to UART3 of the STM32.

-- pa

Hi Pavel,
Using windows 10 PC ,one opposite to the ethernet connector and buttons CN1.
So in my PC its showing as device is blocked. Sometimes LD4 led shows red light ,but often its not showing any light and LD6 power led does not show light.
Do I need to have write to usb access/permissions.
Thanks & Regards
Navya
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Any antivirus or "security" software installed?

Hi Pavel,
Kudos for your response.
By default all USB write access is blocked in our system. Do we need USB write access permission for using this controller board. If needed I need to find out the way for this.
Thanks & Regards
Navya
Hi Pavel,
Macfee antivirus is enabled in my PC
Is this the issue for usb blocked msg.
Please confirm.
Thanks and Regards

@Ntall.1​ Sorry I don't have McAfee so don't know for sure. Try another machine with clean Win10 (no 3rd party stuff, no domain group policies... )

-- pa