cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB CDC+MSC Composite Device VID/PID

qwer.asdf
Senior
Posted on February 02, 2015 at 13:03

I'm trying to create a USB CDC+MSC composite device using STM32F4 so that it gets automatically recognized by both STM32 CDC driver and as a standard MSC device. Does ST provide a VID/PID pair for such a device? I mean, ST uses 0483/5740 for CDC examples and 0483/5720 for MSC examples. So, what should I set for a composite CDC+MSC device? Thank you.

#usb-cdc-msc
18 REPLIES 18
imed
Associate II
Posted on February 26, 2015 at 14:44

I worked on a similar example that may help you.

There are two Zipped files, unzip first package “Composite_VCP_MSC�? under Project\USB_Device_Examples and second “Class�? under Libraries\STM32_USB_Device_Library

Regards

gafsos

Attachments :

Class.zip : https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006HzKX&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000bL5%2FURWv3b9oOQm1wWWAGUyCEQREoYZUJUEPT3_ADHPgAJI&asPdf=false

Composite_VCP_MSC.zip : https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006HzLH&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000bL4%2FCExqJZHklsll.1Xuu0.pE9OhtZqEcRmp_rAEJyPnNQk&asPdf=false
qwer.asdf
Senior
Posted on February 27, 2015 at 11:49

Thank you. At first glance the differences between your wrapper class and mine are minimal, I will try to use your code and report the results here.

vrouesnel
Associate II
Posted on April 29, 2015 at 08:04

@qwer.asdf I am having a similar problem to you. My wrapper is very similar to yours. MSC+CDC are detected by OSX. MSC works really well. CDC hangs after communication begins.

Did you manage to resolve this?

qwer.asdf
Senior
Posted on April 29, 2015 at 12:46

@pinkman

The time was pressing so after 2 days of debugging and reading the reference manual and USB documentation without any result I had no alternative but to change the composite device to two switchable simple devices, i.e. it's CDC by default, then it can becomes MSC by a button press or a CDC command.
kun_liang
Associate
Posted on July 10, 2015 at 23:13

Software development need time. It took me 4 days to make MSC+CDC working on my project. The ''bug'' will comeout if one focus on the problem.

skufaev
Associate II
Posted on July 13, 2015 at 10:11

Your composite device done using cube concept or spl?

arduo
Senior

Anyone here who can send the example project for msc+cdc composite device?

I am also struggling to get this working i can't connect to comport

Have you found the problem?

I have the same problem, MSC is working but CDC is not transfering anything because USB is always busy. Any clue ?

JCorn.2
Associate II

I am having a similar problem, MSC is working great! But CDC does now transfer packets because USB seems to be always busy. How did you guys fixed your CDC MSC problems? Does someone has a working example?