cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from STM32L432KB to STM32L432KC

pratik0199
Associate II

Hi Everyone,

I'm upgrading our firmware from STM32L432kb with 128k flash memory to STM32L432KC with 256k flash memory. both micro controllers are  exactly the same except for the flash memory size difference. 

To accommodate this change I changed my controller from project properties to the STM32l432KCu and changed flash memory size from 128k to 256k. we have reserved last page of memory as persistent(similar to EEPROM) memory.

I'm getting PGAErr and PGSErr even before the debug session is initiated. i.e. when debugger comes to halt at init those 2 flags are already set.

we can resolve the issue by clearing the error flags before other flash operations start. but we are concerned that ignoring this issue will bite us back in future.

can anyone help me with understanding what might be causing the issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pratik0199
Associate II

The issue is related to debug configuration. While we changed controller from settings to STM32L432KCux we did not change it in debug configuration. this solved the issue.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Sounds much like debugger-specific issue. CubeIDE?

You can try to run the debugger without actually downloading the program (hot-connect or something similar) to find out if it makes any difference.

JW

pratik0199
Associate II

Thanks for your reponse @waclawek.jan.

Development Environment is Cube IDE, I'm using Segger Jlink as a debugger. I did try debugging the firmware on a Nucleo32 board with same microcontroller, it has inbuilt Stlink debugger, Surprisingly it did not throw the PGAErr or PGSErr, but I'm not sure if it's capable enough to handle our firmware debugging needs.

your comment gave me some Ideas. I'll try them out.

pratik0199
Associate II

The issue is related to debug configuration. While we changed controller from settings to STM32L432KCux we did not change it in debug configuration. this solved the issue.