cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The USB MSC Host library of FW_F7_V_17.1 in STM32F746-DISCOVERY does not work completely. Can you help me?

Miguel Moran
Associate III

I was working with an example of the FW_F7_V_16.1 version and it works perfectly. When upgrading to version 17.1 I get an error "Error: Cannot Open USBHost.txt".

Checking a bit I found that the difference is mainly in the files:

usb_ctlreq.h and usbclreq.c

I suspect the ParseCfgDesc & ParseEPDesc functions.

However there are details I don't understand and I couldn't find out more.

Searching in the community I found the link to update the version and coincidentally the above mentioned files, where an update is mentioned

STM32F746-DISCOVERY. USB HOST FS MSC not working. Application state never go to state "APPLICATION READY"

We confirm the issue that is in USB Host library V3.4.1 and that was fixed in V3.5.0.

STM32F7 CubeFW release still doesn't integrate USB Host V3.5.0, but you can get it here on GitHub and use it in your package to fix the problem.

Future updates of STM32F7 package will contain V3.5.1.

However I downloaded it and updated it in my project and the problem was corrected "I can now write the file". 

The problem now is that when viewing the USB drive directory I see files that were never created.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Miguel Moran
Associate III

I understand the effort made with the updates, but being cautious I will stay with the previous version V2.6.0 and we will try the new versions v3.5.0 and v3.5.1 later on.

Thank you!!!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ABOUA
ST Employee

Hello Miguel,

we highly recommend you to use host lib v3.5.0 or v3.5.1

did you check with already provided project on the cubeFW?

could you please start with formatted USB driver?

Regards,

Miguel Moran
Associate III

I understand the effort made with the updates, but being cautious I will stay with the previous version V2.6.0 and we will try the new versions v3.5.0 and v3.5.1 later on.

Thank you!!!