cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mismatch between the git repo F4 HAL release 1.8.1 and what came in 1.27.1

I'm chasing down an issue with the RTC initialization code in the F4 HAL and noticed that it got fixed in 596e1d82f92e5821d7365262e2fb77e4482604b4 by ALABSTM before the 1.8.1 release, and the changes are in the 1.8.1 release commit.

When I look at STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.27.1, it is showing 1.8.1 in stm32f4xx_hal.c, but the modifications to the rtc code aren't there.

It's been over a year since 1.27.0 was patched to 1.27.1. Did code get missed when 1.27.x was prepared?

Thanks,

Andrei (From The Great White North)

3 REPLIES 3
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Yeah, it looks like the 1.8.1 stuff didn't get pulled into the jumbo pack

My way of handling this is to make a private fork of the jumbo pack and patch it as needed (and point the projects to use the fork instead of the master version). The CubeMx/IDE can use either branch for generation.

Because we cannot depend on ST update schedule (if it exists at all).

I started to do so before ST published the libraries on github. Now I'd make these private per-project forks based not on the jumbo pack but on ST components provided in separate repos (HAL drivers, CMSIS) and 3rd party sub-modules instead of "middlewares" from the jumbo pack. This also excludes the huge collection of various boards and examples, which can be retrieved from the ST jumbo repository, if needed.