cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STSAFEA_KEY_NOT_FOUND Error on Nucleo L476RG + STSAFE A110 Expansion Board

FrenchMaster
Associate

Hello ST Community,

I am currently an intern working as an embedded software developer and I'm facing an issue with the nucleo L476RG and STSAFE A110 expansion board setup.

My program couples the two boards and it was working fine until recently. Now, whenever I try to use the StSafeA_GenerateKeyPair function from the API, it returns a StatusCode number 10, 0x0A in hexadecimal, which corresponds to STSAFEA_KEY_NOT_FOUND (0x0AU).

This is perplexing because the same setup and the same code were functioning properly just weeks ago. Even when I use the demonstration code provided by the X-CUBE-SAFEA1, it gets stuck at the key generation step and returns the same error (10).

I have not made any changes to the hardware or the code since it last worked. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced a similar issue or if there are any known conditions that could cause this error to occur unexpectedly? Any insights or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to your responses.

Best regards,

1 REPLY 1
Benjamin BARATTE
ST Employee

Hi @FrenchMaster,

Thanks for your interest in STSAFE-A solution.

Regarding the issue you are facing, this should be linked to the secure channel.

If you have called the StSafeA_GenerateKeyPair() with STSAFEA_MAC_HOST_CMAC or STSAFEA_MAC_HOST_RMAC, then you need to have the pairing done before calling this function.

Could you please check this point ?

Best Regards,

Benjamin