cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stm32u585 ux_device_hid example without USBPD

miladmohtashamirad
Associate II

I can open, regenerate, build and flash B-U585I-IOT02A -> Ux_Device_HID example successfully. 
But when I try disable USBPD (we don't have usbpd on our board. just the D+ and D- pins) and regenerate the project, so many many unrelated files are being removed or added from the project and it becomes very hard to compile it and use it. 
Is there any example for stm32u585 without USBPD?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
6 REPLIES 6
FBL
ST Employee

@miladmohtashamirad wrote:

But when I try disable USBPD (we don't have usbpd on our board. just the D+ and D- pins) 

Hi @miladmohtashamirad 

Do you mean without Type C connector? You can check examples provided stm32u5-classic-coremw-apps/Projects/NUCLEO-U575ZI-Q/Applications/USB_Device/HID_Standalone at main · STMicroelectronics/stm32u5-classic-coremw-apps (github.com)

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Mohamed_AYED
Associate III

hi @miladmohtashamirad 

Can you first share with us the .ioc of your project ? 

Hi @Mohamed_AYED .
The ioc file is exactly as the original B-U585I-IOT02A -> Ux_Device_HID example. only USBPD in connectivity and middleware and it's dma channels are disabled and then regenerated. I've attached the project here.
One of the odd things to see is USBX\App\ux_device_descriptors.c that is malformed. 

Hi @FBL .
yes. I'm trying to get usb working on type C connector without USBPD. 
This project is also using USBPD. ( I might be wrong, but in the main loop and in the source code I can see USBPD stuff).
Thanks. 

Hi @Mohamed_AYED ,
I think I found what the problem was. I needed to revert some changes. 
Kind Regards.