cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H7S3V8H "target CPU does not support ARMv8-M Security Extensions" when compile Application code

Isidre Sole
Associate III

Hi to all.

I'm starting a new project where we use the STM32H7S3V8H, and with the code generated with the STM32CubeMX (see IOC file attached) it compiles perfectly the Boot code but the Application code allways fail with the following error message:

"cc1: error: target CPU does not support ARMv8-M Security Extensions"

We don't have idea what we must do in the IOC to change this situation. Anyone knows why this error is happend? Any clue? 

Thanks in advance.

Isidre Solé

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Isidre Sole ,

Currently, there is no possibility to deselect it from CubMX. I am escalating an internal ticket (193744 for internal follow-up ) to the concerned team and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thx,

Souhaib

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Souhaib MAZHOUD
ST Employee

Hello @Isidre Sole 

Thank you for reporting,

I will check the issue internally and get back to you as soon as possible.

BR,

Souhaib

Hi @Souhaib MAZHOUD 

Any update about this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Isidre

Souhaib MAZHOUD
ST Employee

Hello @Isidre Sole 

Actually, I was not able to reproduce your issue on my end.
I would appreciate it if you could provide additional information for further investigation:
-Version of IDE
-Version of compiler or toolchain

Thnx,

Souhaib

Isidre Sole
Associate III

Hi @Souhaib MAZHOUD 

As you can appreciate in the IOC file attached in the first message I use the CMake option.

cmake version 3.27.6

arm-none-eabi-gcc (Arm GNU Toolchain 13.2.rel1 (Build arm-13.7)) 13.2.1 20231009

All working on a debian system : 

Linux lab.sistemeskairos.cat 6.1.0-25-amd64 #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Debian 6.1.106-3 (2024-08-26) x86_64 GNU/Linux

Distributor ID: Debian
Description: Debian GNU/Linux 12 (bookworm)
Release: 12
Codename: bookworm

Best regards

Isidre

Hello @Isidre Sole 

STM32 does not support the Arm GNU Toolchain 13.2.rel1 version yet, can you try to build with the version 12.3.rel1.20240306-1730?

Thx

Souhaib

Hi @Souhaib MAZHOUD 

Same result

Is strange because the boot part compiles it perfect. And is directly the code generated. No modified in any way.

Some clue why shows that error?

Captura de 2024-10-09 17-56-55.png

Souhaib MAZHOUD
ST Employee

Hello @Isidre Sole 

Could you check that you are not using -mcmse flag when building the project with gcc.

KR,

Souhaib

Hi @Souhaib MAZHOUD 

Yes it is used on the App side, not in the Boot side.

I removed it in the CMakeList.txt and it compiles completely.

Why STM32CubeMX places it?

How can I deselect that in the IOC file?

Thanks a lot @Souhaib MAZHOUD 

Isidre

Hi @Isidre Sole ,

Currently, there is no possibility to deselect it from CubMX. I am escalating an internal ticket (193744 for internal follow-up ) to the concerned team and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thx,

Souhaib