cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H747I-DISCO and ST Examples

SFilc.1
Associate II

After two days of trying, I decided to ask.

I have this STM32H747I-DISCO and B-LCDAD-HDMI1. The examples that are from the site given below the board and consist of programming a single hex file work (STM32H747I-DISCO compiled demo binary), without the general example (STM32Cube_Demo-STM32H747I-DISCO-V1.0.0_FULL.hex), on the built-in display.

I.e. the board itself with its display works.

I tried to program some examples from the ready ones, none of them start. All examples that appear when typing the word HDMI or DSI, for this board. First I tried them with the built-in display, then with HDMI(B-LCDAD-HDMI1), nothing. On the examples that use flash as the source, the screen lights up (on the built-in display only), and there are lots of tiny white and black dots on it. There is no video signal on the HDMI monitor. Cable and monitor are OK, checked.

I saved an image.jpg file with a resolution of 800x480 / 640x480 ( NO progressive) on the root of the card.

When debugging, it can be seen that it reads the file normally and recognizes it.

With FLASH example:

When debugging on CM7, it goes to the end without error, and stays at the end (while (1)) of the built-in display. I.e. there is no error for the program at all.

On an external monitor, it stops at the DSI type check and hangs with B-LCDAD-HDMI1.

What am I doing:

I create the new project by loading the example.

Build All for CM4, then CM7.

Run for CM4, then for CM7.

I press the Reset button.

There is nothing on the screen.

Tried programming both *.elf files with STM32CubeProgrammer, no difference.

Everything is the latest software everywhere, both boards are new one month old.

5 REPLIES 5
FBL
ST Employee

Hello @SFilc.1​ & welcome to ST Community

Could you please precise the board's revision? Would you please provide more details about your software environment/ revision?

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

SFilc.1
Associate II

Hi.

CPU Board - MB1248-H747I-D03 - A225301104. CPU revision ID Rev V

Firmware version V3J11M3 (not sure for this is what)

Display - MB1166-A03 - A225300140

AddOn Board -MB1232 A-01 - A203800288

PC - Windows 10 Pro 22H2

STM32CuberProgrammer v2.13.0

I think it was last week, after an STM32CubeIDE update (1.12.0), the ST-Link on the board is also updated.

Hi, I am facing the exact same problem. I think that it may have to do something about the fact that the HDMI screen does not provide any tough screen feedback and the system stumbles over. According to the introduction video https://www.st.com/en/evaluation-tools/b-lcdad-hdmi1.html# the board needs to be updated with a "hello.bin" firmware binary, but it does not say where to get this binary from? Have you had any success to connect to HDMI in the meantime?

EXUE.2
ST Employee

STM32H747I-DISCO board (MB1248) have changed 3 different types LCDs from now on, the LCD driver respectively are 1-OTM8009A, 2-NT35510, 3-GT911.

you can get the latest STM32_Cube_Package from st.com or from Cube-MX, to check how use the low level driver.

I am not sure that I understand. There is no such display driver on the MB1248 as the STM32H747 generated DSI signals go directly to CN15 onto which either the MB1166 board sits (the display) or the DSI to HDMI adapter MB1232, so the LCD drivers that you have mentioned must be integrated in the display itself. I thought that the DSI to HDMI adapter works on its own -without software modifications- but I was obviously wrong ... I am now tending to move away from (2-lane limited) DSI/HDMI and try to generate the LVDS signals from the RGB signals itself using the DS90C385A, which should make it possible to connect a 10.1" screen at the highest resolution and refresh rate.