cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NUCLEO-H743ZI2 LWIP stopped responding randomly until reboot. How to debug?

mslugx
Associate II

Hi All:

I am having trouble figuring out why exactly this behavior happens randomly and how to fix it on NUCLEO-H743ZI2. Any help would be appreciate it. 

I went through some debugging. I think the issue could be the following. I attached my main.c , and tcpServerRAW.c and ethernetif.c. It's using the standard LWIP, and no OS, using the direct LWIP API. In the main loop, it calls "low_level_input" , it's checking if "RxAllocStatus" is "ok", it was good initially that's why it can successfully call "HAL_ETH_ReadData". However during the running of the tcpServerRAW, it's modified and cause the variable "RxAllocStatus" inside of  low_level_input resulted in "RX_ALLOC_ERROR", because sometime beforehand, in "HAL_ETH_RxAllocateCallback" , it couldn't get a pbuf_custom from "LWIP_MEMPOOL_ALLOC(RX_POOL)"

I am not able to figure out why it behaves like that. Have you guys encountered this issue before?? Or anybody could narrow it down to some areas. Thank you for your help in advance have a lovely day.

1 REPLY 1
mslugx
Associate II

is there anybody can give me some hint on this? Thanks.