cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H7 Ethernet Destination MAC address

MarkoSeverin
Associate

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to do basic communication via Ethernet on a Nucleo H723 board. I would just like to send and receive a few Layer 2 frames. I'm going through the reference manual and the ETH HAL files to learn how the ethernet peripheral works. What I fail to understand so far is, where do you set the destination MAC for the packet which is to be transmitted? The source MAC is set in the ETH_MACA0HR and ETH_MACA0LR registers, great. The destination MAC address should be set on per-frame level, but the Transmit Descriptors do not contain any destination MAC address fields.

Can anyone give me a hint, as to how/where do you set the destination MAC address when sending a frame?

Regards,

Marko

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @MarkoSeverin​ ,

Welcome to ST Community 🙂

I recommend you to take a look at the applications provided under the H7 Firmware Package ( Firmware\Projects\NUCLEO-H723ZG\Applications\LwIP ).

Otherwise, take a look at this reference. It might be helpful.

BeST Regards,

Walid

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hello @MarkoSeverin​ ,

Welcome to ST Community 🙂

I recommend you to take a look at the applications provided under the H7 Firmware Package ( Firmware\Projects\NUCLEO-H723ZG\Applications\LwIP ).

Otherwise, take a look at this reference. It might be helpful.

BeST Regards,

Walid

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

>  The destination MAC address should be set on per-frame level, but the Transmit Descriptors do not contain any destination MAC address fields.

How about setting it right in the packet data? (and remember that you can assemble a packet from several buffers).