cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32G473 svd file defect

TMark.14
Associate III

STM32G473 svd file (used in STCubeIDE in SFR view) shows FDCAN message RAM as if it was another instance of FDCAN peripheral

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Community member​ ,

You find attached an updated version of STM32G473 SVD file. You can use it, waiting for its integration on the STM32CubeIDE and other IDEs.

Don't hesitate to come back with other feedback you may have.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

@Imen DAHMEN​  @Amel NASRI​ 

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
TMark.14
Associate III

Also FLASH OPTR register is missing DBANK bit, or, actually it looks very different from Reference Manual.

Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hi,

Thanks @Community member​  for reporting this issue & @Community member​  for bringing it to our attention.

I highlighted it to the team maintaining SVD files who will take care to provide a fixed version.

Internal ticket number: 109123.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

TMark.14
Associate III

I had to keep looking into FLASH peripheral and I found that CR register is missing some of the bits also (e.g BKER).

This particular project is in Atollic True Studio but I use svd file from ST Cube IDE version is 1.6.0

C:\ST\STM32CubeIDE_1.6.0\STM32CubeIDE\plugins\com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.productdb.debug_1.6.0.202102151443\resources\cmsis\STMicroelectronics_CMSIS_SVD\STM32G473xx.svd

Also I compared the file with what comes from Keil uvision STM pack and it is identical file.

Reference Manual RM0440 Rev 6

TMark.14
Associate III

Actually I was wrong, the bits are not missing, the description of the registers seems to be for another MCU series.

Hi @Community member​ ,

You speak about FLASH_CR register, right? Because that is true: DBANK bit description is missing in STM32G473xx.svd which is a category 3 device.

-Amel

Yes, I meant FLASH_CR register, you are right STM32G473 is a category 3 device, and SVD file for it might be missing bits that are related to DBANK feature overall.

TMark.14
Associate III

What's up?

Is that really a defect in svd file or not or you are still investigating?

You provided an internal ticket number, does that mean I can look at it?

Hi @Community member​ ,

Internal ticket goes to the team responsible of SVD files maintenance. Unfortunately you don't have access to it.

But I'll keep you informed as soon as I get an update on this regard or even the fixed file. The ticket number makes it easy for us to look for status on the internal base.

-Amel