cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stm32g431 works only after a restart

SELMA
Associate

Hello STM community,

I'm encountering a rather peculiar issue in my project. I'm attempting to send and receive data from a Simulink model using the Simulink Desktop Real-Time packet input-output blocks. I'm employing UDP communication with the W5500 Ethernet module. While the data transmission and reception function flawlessly, I'm encountering a problem: if I stop the Simulink module and then restart it, it fails to receive or send any data until I restart the STM32.

Any insights or suggestions on resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance

1 REPLY 1
STea
ST Employee

Hello @SELMA ,

I think that after reset the external Ethernet module is desynchronizing with the SPI interface of the MCU so maybe you can try a first test reinitializing the SPI interface after a restart in the Simulink module and see if it resolves the issue. 
you need to have a look at the documentation of your module in this link section 2.2 SPI Frame to get more in-depth information about the SPI config needed.

BR

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.