cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F769I-DISCO with USB-Stick and FatFS

patrickschneider9
Associate III

Hi guys,

unfortunately I am not able to find an example on how to use/configure the STM32F769I-DISCO with FatFS and USB-Mass Storage to be able to stick a USB-Stick into the board and read/write files. Can someone of you point me in the right direction?

I am getting the HOST_USER_CONNECTION event but not the HOST_USER_CLASS_ACTIVE event when plugging an USB-Stick into the board and have not the slightest idea where to start.

In CubeMX I am getting an error that VBUS is not configured correctly before creating the code but there doesn't seem to be a dedicated pin for that on the DISCO board.

Cheers,

Patrick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @patrickschneider9​ ,

Sorry for the delay. Yes I confirm that USB OTG Host with read/write to an USB-Stick is possible with the STM32F769I-DISCO.

BeST Regards,

Walid

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

You can refer to the following example provided under our F7 Firmware Package (Path: Projects\STM32F769I_EVAL\Applications\FatFs\FatFs_USBDisk)

You could port it on your board. This might help you.

BeST Regards,

Walid

patrickschneider9
Associate III

Hi Walid,

thanks for the answer - that I already found but unfortunately there is no *.ioc file to "quickly" replicate the configuration for the CubeMX and more importantly I don't know how exactly to configure the USB board specific for the DISCO board (especially the VBUS, as it seems to have no pin for that).

Cheers

Unfortunately, we do not have an example developed with the STM32CubeMX in our F7 firmware package.

But, you can follow this training that uses the STM32CubeMX: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dC0d8CVEPrQ

I hope it will help you.

BeST Regards,

Walid

Hi again,

thanks for the answer, that video indeed is helpful for understanding how to connect FatFS to the USBH Process and to work with FatFS! Thanks for that. Unfortunately I am not getting to this point as my Appli_State never get switched to HOSTER_USER_CLASS_ACTIVE.

Still I am thinking about the VBUS pin. The video you posted also showed how to configure this pin, but I can't find this pin in the schematics of the DISCO board.

So perhaps let me ask another question: Is USB OTG Host with read/write to an USB-Stick possible with the STM32F769I-DISCO?

Cheers and thanks.

Sorry for the delay. Yes I confirm that USB OTG Host with read/write to an USB-Stick is possible with the STM32F769I-DISCO.

BeST Regards,

Walid