cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

startup-stm32xxx is not nowhere to be found

Senax
Associate II

Hey,

I'm currently trying to get myself away from HAL, insteed using a more direct implementation. So the first thing I am trying is a simple blinky programm, with as little as possible number of files. I downloaded the StdPeripherel Files for my board (STM32F103RB-Nucleo), but I cannot locate the startup_stm32F1xx.s file.

So my question is, do you actually need it?

And if yes, where do I get it from?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It's a generic name, there tend to be MCU specific files as each class within the family often have different memory sizes, peripheral mixes, and interrupt vector tables.

STM32Cube_FW_F1_V1.8.4\Drivers\CMSIS\Device\ST\STM32F1xx\Source\Templates\arm\startup_stm32f100xb.s

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

It's a generic name, there tend to be MCU specific files as each class within the family often have different memory sizes, peripheral mixes, and interrupt vector tables.

STM32Cube_FW_F1_V1.8.4\Drivers\CMSIS\Device\ST\STM32F1xx\Source\Templates\arm\startup_stm32f100xb.s

Senax
Associate II

Oooooh, thank you, i found it!

For 103RB probably this one

STM32Cube_FW_F1_V1.8.4\Drivers\CMSIS\Device\ST\STM32F1xx\Source\Templates\arm\startup_stm32f103xb.s

Also in example project trees

STM32Cube_FW_F1_V1.8.4\Projects\STM32F103RB-Nucleo\Examples\ADC\ADC_AnalogWatchdog\MDK-ARM\startup_stm32f103xb.s

Senax
Associate II

So now that i found it, which of these 8 files do I need to add to my source in the Makefile?

0693W00000FAYsvQAH.png

wow, you anwered my question, before I even asked it.

Thank You!

Hi @Senax​ ,

In the Glossary of RM0008, you find the following explanation:

0693W00000FAhXIQA1.pngA complementary explanation for value line (vl) in RM0041:

0693W00000FAhYpQAL.pngSTM32F103RB is a medium density device (128Kb flash), so you will have to select startup_stm32f10x_md.s.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank you! ​