Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

some improvements

RLedw.1
Associate

Hello,

thanks for the update.

What do i need to exactly enter when terminal asks for "Enter your root CA:"

I entered "Usertrust" or "Tangle" and pressed Enter two times. Program doesnt proceed.

Also new lines on the terminal output dont start from the left since, since you are just using "\n" instead of "\r\n" in the code.

Also writing the code directly in C++ would be much easier to handle and save all the code redundancies and better to integrate into new projects.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Robert

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Andrea Palmieri
ST Employee

Hello,

the README included in $(PROJECT_DIR)\Projects\B-L4S5I-IOT01A\Applications\IOTA-Client as well as the Quick Start Guide pointed by X-CUBE-IOTA1_QSG.htm in $(PROJECT_DIR)\Documentation detail the settings for both the Serial Terminal and the Root CA to be entered (usertrust_thetangle.pem in $(PROJECT_DIR)\Projects\B-L4S5I-IOT01A\Applications\IOTA-Client).

For sure, an object oriented language like C++ has some advantages and benefits (data abstraction, encapsulation, inheritance...), but for embedded systems with limited resources C is a much more efficient choice.

Thanks for your interest and feedback.

Regards

Andrea

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Andrea Palmieri
ST Employee

Hello,

the README included in $(PROJECT_DIR)\Projects\B-L4S5I-IOT01A\Applications\IOTA-Client as well as the Quick Start Guide pointed by X-CUBE-IOTA1_QSG.htm in $(PROJECT_DIR)\Documentation detail the settings for both the Serial Terminal and the Root CA to be entered (usertrust_thetangle.pem in $(PROJECT_DIR)\Projects\B-L4S5I-IOT01A\Applications\IOTA-Client).

For sure, an object oriented language like C++ has some advantages and benefits (data abstraction, encapsulation, inheritance...), but for embedded systems with limited resources C is a much more efficient choice.

Thanks for your interest and feedback.

Regards

Andrea