cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended procedure for flashing STM32 using USART?

SPopo.4
Associate II

I have board with STM32F4 Microcontrollers. I am using USART and STM Bootloader in order to flash one of these chips. Is there anywhere recommended procedure to go for?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Foued_KH
ST Employee

Hello @SPopo.4​ ,

How to flash software into the STM32 is described in the Application Notes

There you can find the full protocol specification for the USART bootloader.

There is also a ''Flash loader demonstrator'' available which is capable of flashing a STM32 using UART.

Foued

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Foued_KH
ST Employee

Hello @SPopo.4​ ,

How to flash software into the STM32 is described in the Application Notes

There you can find the full protocol specification for the USART bootloader.

There is also a ''Flash loader demonstrator'' available which is capable of flashing a STM32 using UART.

Foued

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello Foued,

Thanks for a quick reply. I am very familiar with these documents, but unfortunately they don't have a recommended procedure. These documents have protocol and explanation of different functions, versions of bootloaders, but don't have recommended process to follow if you want to use USART to flash your chip.

I also checked Flash Loader Demonstrator but it is not useful for what I need as it does not provides details on procedure it goes through when flashed MCU.

What I want is - reference design of the code, good and bad practices, example of algorithms

Sergejs

I recommend you this knowledge article : How to use STM32CubeProgrammer to access the USART bootloader on my STM32 board

Foued