cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with pinging in STM32F767 + FreeRTOS + LWIP

Mohammad Hossein
Associate II

Hello,

I have an application with freertos on stm32f767. There was no problem with tcp/ip running on my application with lwip middleware. But now adding some new code somewhere in other threads that is not relevant to lwip causes some problems in pinging. When I ping my board (after adding new code), the mcu does not respond completely. Some ping response packets receives too late and time-out occurred. This packet loss is occurred randomly and when I comment the added code everything is ok and ping response packet receives completely without any problem.

The problem is that there is no relation between the added code and lwip thread. In other words, adding code in some part of code (independent of what code is doing as I tested) makes this problem.

I guessed that there is a problem with stack or heap memory overflow but when I increase freertos stack or global stack the problem is not solved.

I think this a bug in lwip implementation but I don't know how can I solve?

Please help me.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Hello @Mohammad Hossein​ ,

You could perform a stack analysis or activate stack overflow detection in your RTOS in order to rule out a stack issue.

Please refer to this reference which may help you.

BeST Regards,

Walid

giacobbe_85
Associate

Hello @Mohammad Hossein,

I'm having exactly the same issue on a STM32H7 board. Did you manage to find the solution to your problem? Could you please share it? Thank you