cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lwIP stuck at xSemaphoreTake

Petr3
Associate III

Hi, i have STM32F767 and im using FreeRTOS V2 and lwIP. Im facing known bug which should be fixed in FW_F7 V1.17 and im using FW_F7 V1.17.2 and still facing this.

When i connect the ethernet cable, after 2 seconds FW is stuck at following place:

Petr3_0-1729778893981.png

I tried to disable DHCP everyting is ok, but when i try to ping the board the result is the same.

Can you help me to solve this issue?

4 REPLIES 4
STea
ST Employee

Hello @Petr3,

are you sure you are using the latest version of CubeFirmware as you can see that this fix is available on GitHub 
Release v1.17.2 · STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeF7@767d083 

in the new version the fix is as follows :

do
  {
    if(HAL_ETH_Transmit_IT(&EthHandle, &TxConfig) == HAL_OK)
    {
      errval = ERR_OK;
    }
    else
    {

if(HAL_ETH_GetError(&EthHandle) & HAL_ETH_ERROR_BUSY)
      {
        /* Wait for descriptors to become available */
        osSemaphoreWait( TxPktSemaphore, ETHIF_TX_TIMEOUT);
        HAL_ETH_ReleaseTxPacket(&EthHandle);
        errval = ERR_BUF;
      }
      else
      {
        /* Other error */
        pbuf_free(p);
        errval =  ERR_IF;
      }
    }
  }while(errval == ERR_BUF);

the fix is related to LWIP application and not Ethernet and it is present in V1.17.2 and here are the changes:

• LwIP Applications
    • Use RCC_HSE_BYPASS value in SystemClock_Config() API for NUCLEO-F767ZI related projects, and adjust PLL parameters when needed, to comply to technical documentation.
    • Fix Wrong use of DHCP API in application code & ethernet_link_thread.
    • Fix Ethernet low_level_init() API to handle return code from LAN8742_init() and DP83848_init() APIs.
    • Fix mismatch in linker section names between linker file and source file.
    • Fix DeadLock in the transmit output.
    • Adjust iPerf bandwidth higher than 90Mbs.

Regards

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Petr3
Associate III

Hello STea,

i hope im using latest version of FW pack:

Petr3_0-1729785225997.png

but the lwIP code seems to be different:

Petr3_2-1729785357446.png

where i can update lwIP for latest version? I thought it is part of FW pack for F7 family.

Hello @Petr3 ,

you are right, the generated code with MX is generated with the old Ethernetif.c template I'm able to reproduce this and I reported it internally (ticket number 194996 internal reference only) for investigation
in the meanwhile, I suggest you make those changes to your code manually and you should be good to go.
Regards

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Petr3
Associate III

Hello @STea ,

thank you for your quick answer. I'll try to edit Ethernetif.c manually but for now im often regenerating the code, so i can work on another part of my FW. Do you know, how much time take the invetigation and release fixed FW pack?

Regards