cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powering the STM32F769I-DISCO with a cell phone battery by using the "USB HS" connector

LleytoN
Associate II

Hello!

I have an STM32F769I-DISCO board and I would like to power it by using the USB HS connector. I have just found that power bank 57960 P/PACK RS | Varta 6Ah 5V Power Bank Portable Charger | RS Components (rs-online.com) and I am wondering whether I really can use it (especially the 5V/1A output) to power my board with no risk of breaking.

Thank you very much in advance for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Normally the power banks generate a voltage of 5V, which is in the normal USB range, so that you can also use them for the supply via USB HS.

Please don't forget to move the jumper on CN3 from ST_LINK to USB_HS.

Good luck!

If the problem is resolved, please mark this topic as answered by selecting Select as best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Normally the power banks generate a voltage of 5V, which is in the normal USB range, so that you can also use them for the supply via USB HS.

Please don't forget to move the jumper on CN3 from ST_LINK to USB_HS.

Good luck!

If the problem is resolved, please mark this topic as answered by selecting Select as best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
LleytoN
Associate II

Of course, thank you very much for your quick reply!