cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Please ignore] STM32U5, ThreadX and CMSIS

Rob Meades
Senior

[EDIT: S'OK, I need to think about this more, but I can't find a way to delete a message so am just marking this as one to ignore]

I am just moving from STM32F4 to STM32U5.  ThreadX seems to be the thing for STM32U5 (if one doesn't want to use Zephyr) but I need to be able to use FreeRTOS also, so I have moved all of my code to CMSIS (V2).  However, I am not able to find cmsis_os.h/cmsis_os2.h for ThreadX.  For instance, in the STM32F4 case the CMSIS API for FreeRTOS can be found under the Middlewares/Third_Party/FreeRTOS/Source directory.

The STM32CubeU5 only contains "template" cmsis_os.h/cmsis_os2.h files but I don't want a template of my RTOS interface, I want the actual RTOS interface that ThreadX will abide by.  The cmsis_rtos_threadx directory of STM32CubeU5 only contains the .c file, no headers. The ThreadX repo doesn't contain a CMSIS adaptation at all.

Where do I find the CMSIS adaptation API that ThreadX will abide by?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
3 REPLIES 3
STea
ST Employee

Hello @Rob Meades ,

Maybe think about and we will be happy to help. if you have any updates maybe comment on this thread.

BR

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Rob Meades
Senior

@Pavel A: ah, _that's_ where it is, I was going to steal the one from STM32F4 and hope for the best; that's much better.

@STea: thanks, I will.