cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to connect to WiFi during the STM32L4 Discovery kit IoT node Getting Started

gvamorim
Associate II

Hi,

I'm trying to run the Getting Started firmware for the B-L475E-IOT01A board but I'm having problems to connect to WiFi. The error messages are:

"ERROR: C:\STM32CubeExpansion_Cloud_AWS_V1.4.1\Middlewares\ST\STM32_Connect_Library\core\net_core.c:327 Interface cannot be connected

ERROR: platform_init L#254 Unable to connect netif"

0693W00000UocS8QAJ.png 

These are my WiFi Properties:

0693W00000UocT1QAJ.png 

OBS:

1. I'm using the following Getting Started firmware: STM32CubeExpansion_Cloud_AWS_V1.4.1\Projects\B-L475E-IOT01A\Applications\Cloud\AWS\Binary\SBSFU_B-L475E-IOT01_Cloud_AWS_V1.4.1.bin
  2. The target board is the B-L475E-IOT01A2

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance,

Guilherme Amorim.

4 REPLIES 4
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @gvamorim​ and welcome to the Community :)

Did you try the WiFi project for B-L475E-IOT01A board available within STM32CubeL4 MCU package?

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Guillaume K
ST Employee

hello.

• are you using an iPhone as WiFi/4G gateway to connect the B-L475E-IOT01 to WiFi ? with a recent version of iOS ? it may require WPA3 which B-L475E-IOT01 WiFi module doesn't support.
  • other possibility (maybe): try to configure the SSID name of your WiFi access point without a space character in the SSID name
gvamorim
Associate II

Hi @Guillaume K​ and @Imen DAHMEN​ ,

I'm now able to connect to the WiFi access point. It seems that the WiFi should be configured with access point and I was not aware of that.

Thanks a lot,

Guilherme Amorim.

Guillaume K
ST Employee

Hello,

what was the configuration of your Wifi if it was not access point ?

Guillaume