cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there away to access the system bootloader through something like a UART port?

JChan.0
Associate II

I'm using a STM32 Nucleo F429ZI. I'm wondering if there's a way to access the system's bootloader (not an IAP bootloader) through one of the Nucleo's communication ports (e.g. a UART port), and if this requires any hardware connections like connecting the boot0 pin to high or if everything needed can be done through software.

2 REPLIES 2
TDK
Guru

AN2606 lists the available UART ports for the bootloader. There are at least 2 and probably 3 pin pair options available.

You will need to ensure the bootloader is active by pulling up BOOT0 on reset or by jumping to the bootloader within your code.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
gregstm
Senior III

I use the UART bootloader for everything. For the Nucleo board below I added a little proto board that includes a switch to pull Boot0 to 3V when required. The 4 pin socket on the board brings out 3V, GND, UART TX and RX. I have a separate cable that has an RS232 converter chip on it that connects via the 4 pin header/socket. All my boards use the same cable/system.

(Note - the other protoboard in the picture is just a PDM microphone (flipped on its back)).0693W000001rsNdQAI.jpg