cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a complete/correct STM32H73x.svd file anywhere?

CGran.3
Associate II

I have the STM32H73x.svd from then STMCubeH7 pack version 1.9.0 but it is far from compete/correct.

Some examples

AHB3 clock enable /reset registers do not have any of the OCTOSPI items in there, but has a QSPI entry.

Similar some timer enables/reset are in the same case (23 and 24 specifically)

the Flash ACR register field for Latency is the incorrect length (3 when it should be 4)

18 REPLIES 18
Kraal
Senior III

Hello,

I've discovered lately that ST offers most up to date SVD files on the product web page.

In your case it should be https://www.st.com/en/microcontrollers-microprocessors/stm32h723-733.html#cad-resources

Then click on the System View Description link.

I'm not saying it has everything in it, but it should be the latest revision available.

Best regards.

Mike_ST
ST Employee

Hello,

There are some in the STM32CubeProgrammer as well:

C:\Program Files\STMicroelectronics\STM32Cube\STM32CubeProgrammer\SVD

I know this is convenient to have them already complete but it can be edited just to add what is missing.

Hi @Mike_ST​ ,

While this is true, the files that comes with CubeProgrammer are not up to date.

For example the G0B1RE SVD file that ships with the version 2.8.0 is quite old and uncomplete.

I am not sure that CubeProgrammer needs to have an auto update system integrated (something like git fetch/pull), as it needs to stay slick and reactive...

Best regards.

>>For example the G0B1RE SVD file that ships with the version 2.8.0 is quite old and uncomplete.

Can you give one example of what is missing ?

I can enter a ticket if I have one.

>>Can you give one example of what is missing ?

If you compare the file STM32G0C1.svd between the CubeProgrammer installation folder and the one from ST website the size is completely different 943 Kb vs 2506 Kb. I'll let you do the diff for what is missing or not.

Moreover, there is no need for a ticket, each new release of CubeProgrammer should embed the latest release of SVD files.

Best regards,

Carl

Understood, thank you.

It is described as 3 bits there as well.

I entered a ticket for this FLASH->ACR.Latency mismatch (refman vs svd).

@Mike_ST​ 

Can you also put a ticket in to get the enable/reset registers fixed. Specifically the AHB3 ones for OCTOSPI and APB1 for the Timer 23 and 24?

Kraal,

This is the one I am using, however it has multiple errors in it as mentioned above, and probably others that I have not found yet. I was hoping there was one that had been 100% validated against the RM somewhere.