cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to solve this problem - flashed blinky into boot location ?

MQi.1
Senior II

When I flashed the blinky demo code into a STM32F103 minimal circuit board, the boot0 and boot1 were all in boot mode, so the board now don't work. What I thought is flash the firmware again into boot location when boot0 was in boot mode, any suggestions and warnings before I try this?

3 REPLIES 3
TDK
Guru

The ROM bootloader is in, well, ROM and cannot be overwritten.

The state of the BOOTx pins has no bearing on where something is flashed, barring some bizarre custom bootloader code.

If you have a blue pill or other board which relies on a user bootloader, you'll need to reflash that.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
MQi.1
Senior II

After some research, I found my board was a clone blue pill with STM32F103C6T6 on it, and for the boot pins I have these notes:

1. When the code run normally, both boot0 and boot1 should be in "-";
  2. When I go to program it by ST-Link, both boot 0 and boot1 should be in ""- ;
  3. When I program it with a USB-TTL convertor, boot0 should be in "-", while boot1 in "+";
  4. After I programmed it by USB-TTL, boot0 should be returned to "-", other wise, all the code has been programmed into it would be erased.

Is that right?

After some research, I found my board was a clone blue pill with STM32F103C6T6 on it, and for the boot pins I have these notes:

1. When the code run normally, both boot0 and boot1 should be in "-";
  2. When I go to program it by ST-Link, both boot 0 and boot1 should be in ""- ;
  3. When I program it with a USB-TTL convertor, boot0 should be in "-", while boot1 in "+";
  4. After I programmed it by USB-TTL, boot0 should be returned to "-", other wise, all the code has been programmed into it would be erased.

Is that right?