Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to "connect" FATFS with SDMMC1 in STM32Cube for STMH7

Mick P. F.
Senior

Hallo,

I can't find any info about this theme!

Can someone please help me with some hints on how to "connect" FATFS as filesystem driver with the SDMMC1 interface (in 4 bits mode) as hardware.

Many Thanks in advance,

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SofLit
ST Employee

In that case you can refer to the example provided in STM32CubeH7 under the path Projects\STM32H743I-EVAL\Applications\FatFs\FatFs_uSD_Standalone

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello @Mick P. F.​ ,

Please refer to this video (from t= 2:03) on YouTube done for F7, normally it would be the same steps: link.

Hope this will help you.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Mick P. F.
Senior

Hello SofLit,

I have found some projects and examples on this topic, but they all relate to the STM32F MCUs.

There are two problem with this: When I activate FATFS in STM32CubeMX, I can only select the "User defined" mode but not "SD Card". In addition, SDMMC1 of the H7 is not DMA capable inside STM32CubeMX (in contrast to STM32F).

I have now decided to access the SD card via SPI because it is easier and I only want to read a little couple of data.

Thanks for your help.

SofLit
ST Employee

In that case you can refer to the example provided in STM32CubeH7 under the path Projects\STM32H743I-EVAL\Applications\FatFs\FatFs_uSD_Standalone