Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DISCO_F746NG - using BSP_AUDIO on mbed

bc
Associate II
Posted on November 30, 2015 at 17:09

Hi all,

I'm trying to get the BSP audio drivers working with the mbed Arm online compiler. ST has posted a numbed of the drivers for the new F7 discovery board

https://developer.mbed.org/teams/ST/code/BSP_DISCO_F746NG/

, but has not included drivers for the SAI audio device yet. They are however, available from

STM32Cube_FW_F7 (

I've tried to add those files to the library (stm32746g_discovery_audio.c/h and wm8994, Common/audio.h from 'Components'). I can get BSP_AUDIO_OUT_Init() and BSP_AUDIO_OUT_Play() to work, and the board generates a tone, but no further code is executed. To keep processing the buffer, it seems (from the Cube examples) like 'BSP_AUDIO_OUT_XXX_CallBack' must be defined, and will then be triggered by interrupts from the buffer read states, allowing new data to be loaded to the buffer.

I have defined these, but they are never called, nor are the functions that contain them - the 'HAL_SAI_Tx{etc}Callback' defined within the 2 driver files (stm32746g_discovery_audio.c,.h) - ever called. Do the interrupts need to be attached manually? It seems like HAL_SAI and the associated interrupts should be configured with BSP_AUDIO_OUT_Init(), which runs without errors.

#bsp #stm32cube #stm32f7
2 REPLIES 2
misterstarshine
Associate III
Posted on September 16, 2016 at 16:06

Hi.

I'm having the same problem. Did you sort it out?
Nesrine M_O
Lead II
Posted on September 16, 2016 at 16:15

Hi,

May be you can get more help on this issue in mbed forum

-Syrine-