cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating bootloader for STM32F746GZ .

SGasp.1
Senior

Hi guys.. I have to create a bootloader for the micro  STM32F746GZ . I have already an existing application for such a micro. I need to create the bootloader and then jumping from bootloader to the existing application. Any ideas about how to do it in the correct way? Thanks a lot . The device has to read a file from the usb stick and download the new fw inside the flash .. Thanks a lot for your support

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @SGasp.1​ and welcome to the Community ��

To develop code of Bootloader, you can use a the OpenBootloader package called OpenBL, that behaves exactly like the system bootloader and uses same interfaces but is open source code.

For the moment, OpenBL supports only STM32G0 and STM32G4 series:

• \STM32Cube_FW_G4_V1.4.0\Middlewares\ST\OpenBootloader
  • \STM32Cube_FW_G4_V1.4.0\Projects\NUCLEO-G491RE\Applications\OpenBootloader

So, you can customize it for other products series like STM32F7 according to your needs, as there is no short term planning defined yet for STM32F7.

More information on OpenBL is available for example in USART protocol used in the STM32 bootloader (AN3155).

I recommend also that you refer to the FAQ STM32 boot process and application note AN2606 "STM32 microcontroller system memory boot mode", and you find related information to STM32F7xx bootloader.

Hope my answer helped you!

Please mark my answer as best by clicking on the "Select as Best" button if it helped ��

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @SGasp.1​ and welcome to the Community ��

To develop code of Bootloader, you can use a the OpenBootloader package called OpenBL, that behaves exactly like the system bootloader and uses same interfaces but is open source code.

For the moment, OpenBL supports only STM32G0 and STM32G4 series:

• \STM32Cube_FW_G4_V1.4.0\Middlewares\ST\OpenBootloader
  • \STM32Cube_FW_G4_V1.4.0\Projects\NUCLEO-G491RE\Applications\OpenBootloader

So, you can customize it for other products series like STM32F7 according to your needs, as there is no short term planning defined yet for STM32F7.

More information on OpenBL is available for example in USART protocol used in the STM32 bootloader (AN3155).

I recommend also that you refer to the FAQ STM32 boot process and application note AN2606 "STM32 microcontroller system memory boot mode", and you find related information to STM32F7xx bootloader.

Hope my answer helped you!

Please mark my answer as best by clicking on the "Select as Best" button if it helped ��

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen